PNGOUT Trojan?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi

Im running Superantispyware and it keep reacting to the pngout.exe as being a Trojan agent that is considered a critical threat.

The file is located in \exporters\Html5\Tools\pngout\pngout.exe

The exact message is "Trojan.Agent/Gen-Otran"

"TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-OTRAN is a malicious application that can infect your computer and make it almost unusable. It is important to get rid of this virus as soon as possible to avoid loss of data and corruption of files on the computer.

Note:- This parasites block downloads by issuing fake warnings or canceling them. If download fails, reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking. To do this, turn your computer off and then back on and immediately when you see anything on the screen, start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. After that, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter on your keyboard."

Any reason why it is doing this, I notice it with r179 and got rid of it there, and then tried to install r180 and now it have been installed again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If it was a trojan - and my Kaspersky says it's OK - then a potential 1.5 million PCs would have been infected, which would more than likely have been headline news.

It's quite obviously a false positive. Send it to them for analysis.

• Yeah I expected it to be as well. But guess Scirra don't want there files to be flagged as such, so maybe they weren't aware.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)