point and click adventure game - template

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 pm

@joxer
It takes a wise person to realise that    Everyone wants to jump in and make the big epic game straight away, but the old adage 'you have to learn to walk before you can run' holds true here also.

Just keep asking questions, reading everything you can, and you'll soon get there zenox982011-07-02 15:04:51
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:15 pm

shinkan: some very easy simple tutorial would be great :)
zenox98: I am really not the youngest :) , but I desire to make games for a long time and I have not any previous programming experience, so it is not easy for me. But still I hope I will make some nice game one day :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am

I've been playing around with a point and click adventure game, too. It's a bit of a mess to be honest, and I plan on redoing it in a far cleaner manner, but I'm sure there are plenty of ideas, methods, things of that nature that might help you out a little.

I have an inventory, a skill system, a HUD, a combat system, enemy AI, condition sensitive mouse cursor, and some other neat little details going on in this little thing. The game is controlled entirely via the mouse, with the left mouse button being used for movement, attack, item pickup, skill/item use, so on and so forth, and the right mouse button being used to stop movement or cancel out a skill or item or melee attacks if the mouse is over an enemy.

It's a cool little demo (at least I think it is ) of my master project that I'll likely never finish. I plan on using Construct 2 for it when I get around to restarting it, but I'm also working on another Construct Classic project right now that's almost finished, but yea, Classic is fully capable of point and click adventure games games. Proof of concept I guess.

I don't recommend all the methods in this, but like I said, could give you some ideas.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459682/eclipse.cap
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am

thanks, it is really great
still very complicated to me, i will try to learn arrays and then i will start with something much easier :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:34 pm

@TL22:

Hello, I would very much like to see this "eclipse.cap", but the download link to dropbox is dead. Says the item is no longer there.

If I may, could you please reupload or perhaps PM me to send it directly to my email address. I have tried to PM you but for some reason I failed. Says I don't have the privilege to do so (???).

Anyway, thanks in advance!
B

Post » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Addendum:
Heh, turned out it was just the dang "BBcodes" ticky that prevented me from sending the PM.

Silly moi.

But my wish remains, though.
B

Post » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 am

I must warn you, this was a re-design of the engine which I never bothered finishing, so it's got some heavy bugs going on. I would also appreciate it if you didn't ask me how everything worked. But feel free to explore and use it as inspiration if you'd like.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459682/eclipse.cap
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 am

Thanks, dude! Much oblige, really. It's an inspiration, to be sure.
:)
B

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic