Pokemon inspired dialog/menu/system [WIP]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:09 pm

I'm working on creating a reusable template that covers dialog/menus/npc interactions/inventory/etc.. My main inspiration or point of reference will be the classic Pokemon games.
I already have dialog and menus working- this gif shows some dialog and also a store where you can buy items. It works pretty much exactly how the pokemon games handle it!
I'll try to keep this thread updated- if anyone has any suggestions or requests for things to implement, let me know. I don't know whether I want to clone every pokemon feature, since that might make the template too specialized- but I'm open to your thoughts on this!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Added the PC item storage- withdraw,deposit,toss.
Also added ability to sell to stores.
I know it doesn't look like much, but I've made it so you can have any number of stores. Also the npc dialog will be really flexible, so you can have different dialog trees depending on what has happened in the game.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 am

This is awesome! Will you be sharing with us how to do this in the future?
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:53 am

Hakeemsdk wrote:This is awesome! Will you be sharing with us how to do this in the future?

Thanks! I guess that would depend on how much interest there is for it.
I thought about maybe putting it on the scirra store for a few dollars, that way my help could be reciprocated via some funding for my own projects.
I'm open to suggestions though, since I'm not sure who needs it, if it is useful to anyone, etc.
I'll be using this for my own game, and I will be designing it so that it is easy to repackage into other games.
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests