Poll about the game controls

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 am

[QUOTE=Aphrodite] @alan349 : If it is your first attempt at a game, don't worry too much about user defined controls, but If you want some advice on that, the keyboard has "keycodes" event, it is the same, except that a number represent a specific key ( this is a good exemple of what I am saying), combined with variables, it is quite powerful, but as I said, don't worry too much about it if you are beginning[/QUOTE]

So, I already know about this keycodes, but i don't know how to implement it into the game to let the user set the keys. Got it now?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 am

[QUOTE=sqiddster] I agree with helena, for something with this much input, you should certainly let your use choose the keys. It won't be too hard to implement.[/QUOTE]
As I said above, currently I don't know how to implement that
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 am

Any chance you'll be adding gamepad support?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 am

[QUOTE=alan349] So, I already know about this keycodes, but i don't know how to implement it into the game to let the user set the keys. Got it now?[/QUOTE]

oh, there is a keyboard expression LastKeyCode, which returns the keycode of the last key the user triggered, I suggest something like:

-Using on keycodes events instead of normal key events, with variables (or something else, but better not making this too complicated), so you just have to change the variable
-having something to click for the user, like "Left key - Configure" for exemple
-When it is clicked, having a text like "Press the key for Left"
-when the user press the key he wants, store the LastKeyCode into the variable for the Left keycode, and it's done
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Hey guys, I've fixed the issues showed in the version 2.0 and upload a new version.
Here is the link:
http://www.scirra.com/arcade/action/11817/take-to-heaven-demo-25

Probably, the next version will support gamepad and user custom controls.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General