Poll: Next feature for Construct 2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I say families, with functions a close second. We need those early on so that it's integrated into the engine better. Function object shouldn't even be an object per se.
Also, with collision polygons, we'll still be able to keep bounding box collision for performance, right?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Voted for function because it deserves some love!

And as Fimbul mentioned, I think it should be a part of the System options rather than an object.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:14 pm

I know this isn't an option, and isn't a priority, but I just wanted to throw out there

that construct is perfect for someone like me, who is better on the art side of things than coding. The bone movement from classic was wonderful, because it brought my art alive with easy animation and minimal Vram usage. It really attracted me to construct in the first place.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:57 pm

I want physics
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] Now I think about it, it would make sense to do polygon collisions before physics really - otherwise all your physics collisions will be bounding box too![/QUOTE]

I Agree, and I voted for polygon collisions, though I would have a strong second vote for Physics.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Polygons collision for me.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:11 am

Even though the drawing tools are not the favorite in this poll, I don't think they should be low on the to-do list. For the people I know use construct need that in-program editor for placeholders and other such artwork. I think it would help C2 advance to a higher stage.
Ready to Jumpstart with Construct 2? Check out my website:
https://www.jerementor.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 am

[QUOTE=Yuotta] Even though the drawing tools are not the favorite in this poll, I don't think they should be low on the to-do list. For the people I know use construct need that in-program editor for placeholders and other such artwork. I think it would help C2 advance to a higher stage.[/QUOTE]

There's some truth to it.
But another trick might help you having a placeholder sprite by default when importing a sprite.
In the base c2folder, there's a (blank) "defaultimage.png"
Simply replace this image with some placeholder image so each time you will add a sprite, it will already have a texture instead of being a blank square.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General