Polling all users: Path-finding Behavior Speed Experience

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello everyone.

I am making a maze game and need the enemies to have intelligent AI, and path-finding is one alternative i'm considering.

But the C2 manual gives me pause, because it states "Calculating a path can take a long time..." I don't want to invest 3-4 weeks developing a game in a particular path (using path-finding and all related events) only to find out it was not worth it because its way too slow.

my layout is 1280x720; the cell size is 32, and i have 10-12 enemies (max). i need the enemies to find their path from way-point to way-point seamlessly without any delays.

QUESTION: does anyone have "real world" experience with path-finding in similar sized projects? where the characters responsive in finding their next path? i want to keep an eye on play ability on mobile devices that are not on the cutting edge of technology....so it should run relatively smoothly across a wide range of devices (although not ancient devices, naturally).

ANY HELP IN SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS, EXPERIENCES, AND SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

thanks a million to everyone

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds easy to test, and only you know what you want.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)