Positive vibes!

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:34 pm

*sending some virtual positive vibes*

I must admit that I was too sceptical at first
(I still wont use the software at work, but I defenetly will use C3 for my out of work projects)

Tom wrote:One very kind user sent us a hamper full of sweets, so at the moment we're all running on sugar :D

@Tom, @Ashley, I must apologize for being harsh, and if you will provide me an address, I will send you something nice too.
(not sweets because I care about your health and the package may travel a long time from Israel)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm

You haven't been harsh at all! I don't want people to feel they can't be critical - you can and that is often some of the most valuable feedback we can action.

Our address is on our contact page, gifts are always awesome but are completely not necessary! If you feel compelled to send us something, more postcards to stick on our postcard wall are always welcome!
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:09 pm

I'll add some to the positivism

@Tom

A couple years ago I thought your presence here seemed rather useless (couldn't see your contribution to scirra).
Now I've been gone and out most of the last 18 months, but man, you've stepped up.

Nice forum presence and arranging a wildcards of things ... Nice work ^_^

P.s. add a new blog occasionally (personal interest ones)
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

I honestly don't understand how Scirra gets get any work done while being so active on the forums and actually responding to the Highly Emphatic Consumer crowd. I haven't been productive at all this past week at all >_>

On a side note, since there doesn't seem to be anywhere else proper to mention it, are you still going to do away with Scirra as a name? Seems strange to refer to the company as Construct, I can't do it. Or maybe the Construct Team. But Scirra still rolls off the tongue (keyboard?) easier.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:17 pm

lennaert wrote:I'll add some to the positivism

@Tom

A couple years ago I thought your presence here seemed rather useless (couldn't see your contribution to scirra).
Now I've been gone and out most of the last 18 months, but man, you've stepped up.

From what I understand, Tom is the webmaster. So you definitely saw his contribution a lot!
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:20 pm

lennaert wrote:I'll add some to the positivism

@Tom

Lots going on behind the scenes that doesn't impact people directly - fixing bugs on website etc. A good chunk of every day is taken up with businessy stuff as well, and some customer support (although Julien is a star and manages to do the bulk of it!)

Have also been working on the Construct.net website for over a year which has been a pretty big engineering challenge. You'll see lots of rapid improvements on the site after the beta (from now until then it's working on the payments system which is fiddly).
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:22 pm

oosyrag wrote:On a side note, since there doesn't seem to be anywhere else proper to mention it, are you still going to do away with Scirra as a name? Seems strange to refer to the company as Construct, I can't do it. Or maybe the Construct Team. But Scirra still rolls off the tongue (keyboard?) easier.

Yes we are, will always be our corporate name/official business name, but we're going to be slowly dropping it from communications/branding etc. Part of me feels a little sad seeing it go from front and centre to the back a little bit more as well! But I'm sure it's the right decision. You wouldn't believe the amount of ways we've heard Scirra pronounced, and times I've had to spell it phonetically on the phone!

Being able to say tom at construct dot net instead of tom at "now let me spell it for you, sierra charlie... yes that's right, no not skeariah, skeerah" will save me a few hours each year :lol:
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Tom wrote:Being able to say tom at construct dot net instead of tom at "now let me spell it for you, sierra charlie... yes that's right, no not skeariah, skeerah" will save me a few hours each year :lol:

That's funny. :D It's also similar to what's going on with the Godot engine. No one knows how to pronounce it, but the developers call it a "feature." Godot like robot? Like Go-dough? Like God, oh? Who knows. I like that you're changing to Construct as the branding. Easy-to-pronounce names are great and everyone knows you as Construct anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Bleenx wrote:That's funny. :D It's also similar to what's going on with the Godot engine. No one knows how to pronounce it, but the developers call it a "feature." Godot like robot? Like Go-dough? Like God, oh? Who knows. I like that you're changing to Construct as the branding. Easy-to-pronounce names are great and everyone knows you as Construct anyway.

But how to pronounce 'Scirra' is still a mystery :D
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm

MPPlantOfficial wrote:But how to pronounce 'Scirra' is still a mystery :D

I always thought like Scirra without the C; Sirra.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion