Possible bug with browser plugin?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I'm not sure if I just don't understand the on went offline or it isn't working. So I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have a layout that I want displayed if the internet connection goes down. So I have tried:

browser-> On Went Offline -> System -> Go to Offline

I then loaded the game and cut the wireless connection and the layout didn't load. I have tested in Firefox Nightly and Chrome, neither of which load the layout when the connection is cut.

Am I doing this wrong, is the feature broken, or is this a special case that only works with special circumstances like a wired connection?

Thank you advance for any assistance you can offer,

Lance

• Closing as can't fix: our code is very simple. We just listen for events the browser fires, and it seems in some cases it's the browser that isn't firing events, rather than Construct 2's code. I've read that browser makers seem to be in disagreement as to what "offline" and "online" really mean, so it may be that the feature is currently broken in browsers.

It definitely works if you use Firefox and select 'Work offline'. That indicates at least our code is working correctly; I think it must be browser bugs that they don't fire the online/offline events according to network connectivity for some reason.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley,

Alright, thanks for the heads up. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)