Possible Memory Leak?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • We're releasing our game on Steam shortly, and we've noticed a very unfortunate thing - when loading different layouts, it is increasing the memory usage in the task manager (it seems to be for any sprites/tiles that have not been loaded into the game yet). When going to a new layout, it doesn't seem to do any garbage collecting for the previously loaded objects.

I've checked my code and object count and didn't find anything. Also, of the few objects that are global, none of them are being created ever (so there is no build up of objects). I've even tried deleting most of my code and switching layouts - still nothing. We are using node-webkit.

• Update - we've ruled out of sort of leak, it is confirmed to add memory every time a new texture is loaded. Once everything is loaded, the memory does not increase.

• Update - we've ruled out of sort of leak, it is confirmed to add memory every time a new texture is loaded. Once everything is loaded, the memory does not increase.

if you set a text object on start of layout to the value: renderer (without quotes), what does it says? canvas2d or WebGL?

If it says WebGL, I think it might be a bug

• Aphrodite - it does say webgl- is it a node-webkit bug? or something with C2?

• It sounds like normal behavior as I understand it. Node webkit and chrome have automatic memory management, if your computer's got the free ram available, it decides there's no need to remove stuff from ram (again, talking about ram here, not VRAM) and keeps it in memory in case it needs it later, which if it does it will be faster to load.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Arima - Thank you! We were freaking out a bit...good to know it's intended!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)