Possible Mirrored/Flipped Bug

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Goodbye to sprite fonts, when you have something new on the anvil for your upcoming Games !
  • Problem Description

Discovered that when a sprite is mirrored, if you increase the sprite's width, it does the opposite, and vice-versa. Didn't see this behavior documented anywhere, and causes me to have to do a workaround. I haven't checked it for flipped, but I suspect similar results.

Attach a Capx

Done.

Description of Capx

Two instanced sprites are presented. The one on the right is mirrored at the start of layout. Hitting right arrow increments width property of both sprites. Left arrow decrements width on both sprites.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Load and run .capx file.
    • Step 2 Mash left and right arrows to observe inverted width behavior.
    • Step 3 Post reply!

Observed Result

Non mirrored sprite gets wider as width property increases, mirrored sprite does the opposite.

Expected Result

Both sprites increase or decrease width the same, regardless of whether mirrored is set or not.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO) Yes
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) Not tried
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) Not tried

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64 Home, SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 173 64bit/steam

• I believe that this is deliberate. When a sprite is mirrored, the width is flipped, and negative, so only decreasing width will actually make the sprite larger.

• DatapawWolf What would be the reason/logic for that? What purpose would it serve? If it's deliberate, why is it not documented?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yttermayn I have absolutely no idea why. That being said, it has been around for a long time, so maybe Ashley can clarify why it is the way it is.

• That pretty much is the definition of mirrored. Its just that Ashley made an action "mirrored" that does the work for you.

If you don't believe me try it yourself, add a - to a sprites width.

• Closing as by design: a mirrored sprite just has a negated width. Display the width values of each instance and you'll see how it works.

• Ok, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)