Possible multi-touch bug, please verify

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:39 am

@Perlin,

OK, I've done some testing and I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug in C2.

I even went as far as creating a crosswalk app using a modified version of the capx I linked to above to isolate the cocoonjs wrapper (if you download it again you'll see that I've tried to isolate which touch event is registered by holding 2 touch IDs in variables).

Sometimes C2 is not registering a touch's end trigger - this is indicated by one of the touch variables appearing stuck at the last setting until a new touch is initiated to replace it (my events might be untidy and causing it, but I think it's ok). This seems to happen after a touch has been stationary for short period of time - a few seconds. Coupled to that, there does appear to be some cross-over when a new touch starts on the black square and a touch event on a colored square has been stationary. Here the co-ordinates of the colored square touch event seem to get passed to the wrong touch event.

Just as you initially reported it, but I'm at a loss to explain it.

Best submit it as a bug report, I think, and let the team take a look for sure. I can do it if you want, but you found it....

Ed Colludium2014-02-05 03:40:11
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:43 am

@Perlin, can I suggest that you to edit the OP title to something like "Possible multi-touch bug, please verify" to get some of the old and bold in on this?

Thanks!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:56 am

Please do !

I realy want rto solve this problem !

Thank again for your help.
B

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:07 pm

It's done

B

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:11 pm

The mistake is the general use of Touch and Touch.TouchID

Check out the tutorial for Touch Analog. While you are not needing the Analog part. The classic touch analog solves yoru problem by using Touch.TouchID properly.

In Perlin case of Touch and Colludium doesn't handle Touch.TouchID appropriatly.

How you want to do this is

Part 1
On First Touch object BlackBackgound
then set TouchID2 = Touch.TouchID

Touch is in Touch BlackBackground
Touch.TouchID2 = Touch.TouchID
then do bullet actions
[do not set the TouchID2 again. Only set it once at the first instance of touch]

Part 2
On Touched colourBTN and Touch.touchID != TouchID2
then do button action

Part 3
on any Touch end
Touch.TouchID = TouchID2
then touch_id2 = -1

and that is how to effectivly use multi touch.

I think I'm going to have to make a tutorial on this.
Perlin can I use you capx as the template. It's simple and effective for the use of a multi touch tutorial.

jayderyu2014-02-05 16:15:22
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Yeaah!

Thank you jayderyu. I will test this right now.

And, yes you can use it !

B

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Here is simple CAPX showing persistent touch

I'll need to write this up as a tutorial. I see this question asked here and there still. Anyways. It's a minimal stripped capx to show how to handle persistent touching.

Tested on a iPodTouch 5g.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?