Possible to modify Eye Distance at runtime?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:31 pm

The title says it all. Is there any way to modify EyeDistance dynamically at runtime, or at least on layout change? I'm working on a multi-resolution project utilizing depth extensively and I need the variable Eye Distance to keep the FOV constant across resolutions.

Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm

There is no way to do that as far as I know, but you can set depth of the objects, which is basicly the same thing(but it probably will be a pain).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Sadly it looks like you'll need to create an event for each object or family manually, and have them all rely on one Global Variable as @Pecek suggested
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 am

That's what I was affraid of. Setting depth individually won't work though - I'm using 3DObjects as well as Sprites, so they'd have to not only be placed at a correct depth, but also "skewed" (if rotated to non-right angles), to fake a constant view cone - something Construct cannot do. I've tried non-equal layer zoom valutes too, but that didn't work.

Thanks for your help.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:28 am

I didnt tested it so much, but looks like it's working(I hope so, python support is broken if you use 3d objects, I had to make it with events).
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2721498/2stroke/Construct/forum%20help/aspectratio.cap

Let me know if its working for you or if you have any questions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:53 am

Yup. That was one of the first ideas I tried - I even tested it with a 3DBox as well - works fine as long as you do not alter the pitch/roll/yaw values, which I sadly need to do...

I'll either live with the changing FOV or just render the view at the highest supported res and downscale it, though it's a huge waste of resources...

Thank you for your help.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic