Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 am

Fantastic sense of depth, Rockwell. You clearly know how to wield a color palette. =)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Small reputation, i cant attach picture.
Link here _www.freeimagehosting.net/xza4h
dushasokol2013-04-25 21:17:17
B

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 am

[QUOTE=dushasokol] Small reputation, i cant attach picture.
Link here _www.freeimagehosting.net/xza4h
[/QUOTE]

Looks cool. The inventory system must have taken a little while.   
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi friends, I am new to construct 2 and i just discovered this topic. All games here really look great and i liked them very much. :) Some of you have made great graphics. I'm a software developer and not very good at graphic designs. :s Could you please tell me, if you made theese cool graphics with construct 2 or another software?
I am looking forward to your answers.
Thanks. :)
B

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm

@rudyardKipling

Construct2 does have a sort of graphic design portion of the sprite creator, but it's very limited. Most people here use image editing programs like photoshop, GIMP, or SAI to create their graphic assets. Hell, there's even people who use MSPaint to make some great stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 pm

@rudyardKipling
hi,
I mainly use Paint.Net to create my graphics, as I can bring in other pieces of work for reference etc.. and it has the features I like. for example the 'rotating'
However I also use construct 2 for tiles/ backgrounds and to tweak the graphics..
I'm still getting used to spriter and inkscape and use these on occasions but generally like I mentioned its mainly paint.net and construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 pm

@rudyardKipling I use a combo of the Construct Classic and Construct 2 graphics editing tool. CC has a color replacement feature I heavily use which C2 does not - Consistent colors on sprites are good! For larger graphics I hand draw everything. Scan, bring it into photoshop and touch it up - pixel art is also resized in photoshop and "save as web" using png at 4,8 or 16 colors depending on what I'm doing.

Logos and fonts are usually ported over from Indesign/Illustrator to photoshop and resized accordingly.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:07 am

The original character sprites I've been using for Super Awesome were basically placeholders. I've been toying with the final proportions and designs, and I think I'm getting closer to something I like.

I'm also planning on having equippable vanity items (like coats, hats, scarves, etc) that the player can collect and change out through in-game menus. I think giving the player the ability to customize how he looks will add a level of personal investment in the character.

..... I'm a bit of a fashion diva when it comes to my game characters, if you haven't noticed.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 am

I like both your old and new characters, and they each seem to express different personalities.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:54 am

@RandomFellow
hi I like the old (first one best) as I adored him at first sight.. I do like the idea of customizing clothes .. as I love the boots and the hat... I think the first and the third work best with what they are wearing.. and the last but without the handkerchief around the mouth..
thinking about it I guess I like pretty much all of them   
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests