Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:34 am

thought i'd share my current project, since i've recently integrated Construct

But screenshots don't do it justice, as it is not to be seen -- but rather heard. And it's not played, either -- at least not by gamer at a computer.

it's receiving the input from this -- an Arduino (with the help of GoBetwino) with an accelerometer hooked up (and later, also a mic).

The accelerometer will be mounted on a wind spinner of sorts (above is a prototype demonstrating free rotation with a completed circuit). accelerometer sends positional (via tilt sensing) input, affected by wind, to arduino, which then interfaces with Construct

i'm creating a digital wind chime :D. if all goes well, it'll be on display in an art museum later this year -- but it'll take a lot of hard work getting the hardware working as intended. luckily, the software side is a breeze because of construct 8). the wind chime has a range of emotions, affected by sound levels (it gets pissed if it's loud because it wants to make his music) and wind (he gets excited by wind input, bored in stillness). his music is different based on his emotional state. with that in mind, it's possible to "play" it to get the desired emotion/music.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:44 am

That's... really friggin sweet :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 am

looks like an atmega !!!
:P
B
G

Post » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:04 pm

[quote="deadeye":32d8hw7p]That's... really friggin sweet :shock:[/quote:32d8hw7p]

I concur! That's damn awesome man! You have to make a video of it in full action once it's done. That's some cool idea you got there :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:57 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":1usla6dm] You have to make a video of it in full action once it's done.[/quote:1usla6dm]
definitely
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:45 am

Very interesting indeed, motion above concurred.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:56 pm

RMB the image and click on 'View Image' to see the whole thing.

Does that look weird to anyone?

Most of the scenery of what I'm putting together is rather sad and depressing - and this is the only place that's actually gonna be the opposite. The background is defined through broad brushstrokes instead of geometry or whatever to give it an impressionistic, idyllic feeling.

With parallax scrolling and motion blur this actually looks rather neat, I think. But I just wanted to know what other people are thinking.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:16 pm

That looks really good, thomas. :) I like the black forground elements contrasted by the orange background.

Here's a screenshot from what is now the third rewrite of the game I mentioned on the first page. :P

B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi! I'm new to the forums. I've been fooling around with construct for the last few months and finally started a serious project.
It's an action/platforming game called "Darkstrands."

This was actually done in Photoshop, but it should look about the same in Construct.
B
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:13 am

+100 genius points to dfyb. 8)

Best of luck with your project. Please keep us updated on your progress! :wink:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests