Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:53 am

UI update for my zombie survival game!

Working on "EVERBLAST"
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 am

These are the screenshots of the first world stages in my WIP sequel to Brick Breaker X, now working on the second world:

Stay tuned on SONAR Games at Twitter and SONAR Games at Facebook for daily updates!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:34 am

Hi!
I'm quite new here but I'd like to post a screenshot of my 2d platformer project I've been working on for a while now. I bet most of you know how hard it is to progress fast if you have a full time job so I'm not planning on publishing it in the near future :) still I'm looking forward to your oppinions.
thx in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 am

Three things right now. Two in Construct 2 and one in Game Maker.

Can you guess which is which :D?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 am

It looks neat, @Myristavia ! A few pointers that may help you a bit in defining your art style. I might try to find a way to either break up how much bevel/emboss you're doing in photoshop or find a way to hide it a bit. I would also look into colors for your lighting and shading other than white/black. Outside, shadows are typically dark blue, though your eyes will trick you. I also like having a bit of a yellowish hue in the lighting, but that's up to you. All of your artwork is very bright, contrasty, and colorful (which are good things, and not all of them are words...), but be sure to add some fog or something behind the main layer of play so players don't get confused about what they can interact with and what they cannot. Background confusion is a common challenge for platformers, so work on fixing it as soon as possible. It's coming along nicely, though, and I definitely can related to the job + game dev thing (as can many), so keep on pushing through!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:14 am

@C-7
Really good tips man :)

@Myristavia & @ Sean Noonan
Your games look cool! I really love the Gameboy-IndianaJones
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Sean Noonan wrote:Three things right now. Two in Construct 2 and one in Game Maker.

Top 2 are C2 and bottom one is GM?
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:53 pm

SHG wrote:Top 2 are C2 and bottom one is GM?

Nope! The top and bottom are C2 and the middle is GM ;)

Proof that the engine does not define the visuals :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:22 am

Sean Noonan wrote:Three things right now. Two in Construct 2 and one in Game Maker.

Great games!! That cloud caught my attention, it looks the coolest of all for me :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 am

I haven't posted any new shots in a while. I've been a bit quieter about development for a while, but here are two new shots from Courier!

And I'll be live-streaming some mapping tomorrow night (Sep 4) at 10:30 EST here: http://www.twitch.tv/C7even
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests