Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:00 pm

[quote="wiz":3etpl5by]hahaha, thanx...I think??
Im not a huge fan of "trying to look anime". Im a huge fan of "do what ya do to express yaself in your own way". Im sorry, but I have not worked for a Manga studio (unless you are refering to the software known as "anime studio"...[/quote:3etpl5by]
yeah, anime studio the program, I don't think your style looks anime
it looks unique

do you plan to do the puppet thing as an exe sometime?
also, I have closed source engine I'll be making sometime, to create procedural armatures
and it will also do timeline animation

I was going to develop it with the eventual idea of releasing it commerically if it worked as well as I hope. you can definitely beta test it if you're interested. it'll be a while before it's in testable readiness, but it should be quite friendly, and fun to work with, and really powerful.

either way though. love the style, not just artwise, but the imagination as well
I'll be keeping an eye on your work
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 am

Thanx...sounds like a great lil' (but huge) project youve got going on. Have you come across "creatoon"..its a free "digital cutout animation program..v good!
I have indeed created exe's of my puppets and Im going to be launching a site soon with them on. Im planning on some having a fee attached and others for free.
B
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 am

haven't tried creatoon
I'll take a look though.
I've tried anime studio, flash, and toon boom
and also, the puppet feature in after effects
I like the look of cutout animation, especially when it's elaborate, like the outtro to Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events, or the cartoon network show El Tigre(though I'm not a fan of the show itself)
but for my own style I prefer if the puppet can bend (like anime studio, and after effects)

I've used those type of software as a shortcut to drawing thousands of frames, not necessarily to achieve the cutout look

by the way, anime studio is a horrible name for it. no one's ever going to make an anime with that.
also, for some reason discussing procedural animation, and you bringing up putting puppets on a site made me remember this, thought you (or anyone else reading), might find it cool
[url:2wryvd5d]http://abowman.com/google-modules/[/url:2wryvd5d]
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 am

Bit fortress is coming along with new levels, and new graphics. Expect an update in the near future.
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1010927/BitFortressDX.png
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:06 am

Looks like an FPS killer, Davio. :P Looks amazing as well, though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:15 am

[quote="linkman2004":2pqo9lhz]Looks like an FPS killer, Davio. :P Looks amazing as well, though.[/quote:2pqo9lhz]

I haven't played it in a while, but I still haven't beaten the first boss. :cry:

Can a playah get a supahbomb? :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:12 pm

wow davi, that looks 1000 times cooler than before
what's the glow effect?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:29 pm

[quote="linkman2004":1ew4mokg]Looks like an FPS killer, Davio. Looks amazing as well, though.[/quote:1ew4mokg]
Actually the effect is really optimized and doesn't kill the fps too much. I was getting decent performance on my laptop's integrated graphics card. The game runs at a perfectly smooth 60 fps (with the high-setting shaders enabled) on any semi-decent non-integrated card (i have an 8300 GS/128 mb, which is pretty poor in terms of power, and the game runs like melted butter). As mentioned, that's just the high graphics setting, and the original graphics will be available as an option.

@lucid: the glow effect originates from a heightmapping shader
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Looks cool, I want to play this ! :D
B
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:57 pm

LOL it's looking like Polybius 2 or something xD

Awesome :D

That glowy effect looks tops mate... can't wait to see it in action.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests