Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:28 am

elitezore wrote:A shot from my Point and Click Adventure Game! It's an incredible amount of work, I have been working on it for quite some time. The artwork is still not polished, in time ill have a gameplay video or demo and hopefully put it up on greenlight/kickstarter.

Wow, I can see that @elitezore! and looks really impressive! I hope that you can find a balance between your own ambition and something that is manageable. I'm still struggeling to keep my ambition at bay, otherwise i will never be able to release the game. However, I would love to see yours it in action one day! Keep up the good work!
Currently working on "Project Catnip" - an open world platform adventure for android and IOS. follow me on Instagram :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Oh, let's go for another!

Click for full size

And it all blows in the wind, of course.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Here is one from yesterday. Updated the UI and some other stuff.

B
S

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:37 am

For my personal project, I want to make a high-res space adventure platformer that plays kind of like Sonic 2 with lisa frank colors! I'm pretty happy with how my animations and background artwork turned out, but I'm still trying to work out the level design/backgrounds. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Carlo Andrei Mercado
Animator, illustrator, concept artist, special effects for games.
Level Plus Game Studio S.A.S
http://www.levelplusgames.com/
carlo.m@levelplusgames.com
http://f-fman.wix.com/portfolio-ffman22
http://ffman22.deviantart.com/

tutorials:

dynamic-mini-map originally published by ffman22
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:42 am

After many failures in the past for some reason I went back to implementing a maze solving algorithm for my unfinished Lowrez Jam Game.

Got it working too :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 am

@Minor

that looks interesting :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:37 am

@Minor

Jesus, that´s really nice! Can you share how you did that?
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:00 pm

spongehammer wrote:@Minor

that looks interesting :)

Beaverlicious wrote:@Minor

Jesus, that´s really nice! Can you share how you did that?

@Beaverlicious

I finally managed using one of my favourite things. Cellular Automata. It loops through the array that stores the maze. Any open cell/floor that has 3 wall neighbours (so to the left, right, up, down) turns into a wall. This makes it start at dead ends. It continues looping through turning open cell/floor dead ends into walls. I kind of works like a floodfill.

What you are left with is the path because if a cell/floor is part of the path it has only 2 wall neighbours the other 2 are also open cells in the path.

Sorry for the terrible explanation. If you are interested I can comment the the capx that includes the maze creator (Prims Algorithm sort of) and the solver (Cellular Automata). Just let me know.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 pm

wow, fantastic @minor ! i really admire what your doing there and did with your low res dungeon project! did you ever consider writing a post where you explain how the maze is generated and the different wall sprites are set? That would be absolutely fantastic and would drive me to continue my abandonend dungeon project :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests