Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:23 am

@Reshay

That looks fantastic! I hope you have some smooth animations to go with that killer art style!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I think I'll finish it soon. Hope you like it.

btw @Reshay this looks really cool!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks a lot! @Beaverlicious

@Reshay Love the watercolor style of your game! So unique and fresh :D

@Egon Looking awesome!
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:04 am

I've started working on very basic shoot em up because I thought something along the lines of "Everyone and their mom is trying to make metroid vania platformer as their first game, but why shouldn't I go for something that I know how to put together mechanically?"
So here's the screen capture of how the game looks so far.
Obviously it's early work in progress since it lacks stuff like GUI, and requires some tweaks.
Now in this gif in particular there is a mistake I didn't notice until after the capture - the explosion animation for the enemies is upside down as I forgot to flip it after adding it to the project.
Also I need a name for the game, I wasn't able to come up with one other than "Generic shmup"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:34 am

Looks really arty reshay ! Would love to see how it works in a game:-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:56 pm

@Zeth Looks really nice! One suggestion is to make the stars in the background not moving or move really really slow. When stars are that small it means that they are very far away and shouldn't be moving so much. Just like you don't see the stars move in the sky even though earth is travelling about 30-40km per second ;) I think it will also make it easier to see the real threats in the game like bullets and asteroids when there isn't so much moving down on the screen :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 pm

@Anonnymitet Yeah. I guess I'll have to redesign. Somebody said that it was a bit too "sparkly". I wanted to give it the sense of speed, but seems like pulsars wasn't very good idea. Reduced the parallax values for background stars (single pixels) and I'll probably replace the stars with "speed lines" (or so called "space dust" used in games like wing commander used to give sense of motion. Even though I guess that in case of top down scrolling shooter, the sense of motion is already there.) Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what could be tweaked.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:42 pm

@Zeth Sounds like a plan. Try to have stationary stars in the background and some space dust with low opacity moving down to get the sense of speed :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 pm

i've added some mines / bouye's on water,

mines need a bit more work, they create a bit of dark water around it, should i leave it like that or change to be more like water color?

also this is a part of level : )

i know it looks horrible on this small image, but it looks quite nice when playin' :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:50 pm

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests