Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:51 am

No they're right. Remember its low polly, think mittens instead of hands. :P
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Things have been advancing slowly but surely. I've added all kinds of lighting and other effects to give the graphics a little boost. These pics do have some background issues, though, due to some 3D Box rendering problems in 0.99.x.

(Yes, these are dark, as the two locations featured are an abandoned basement and an outdoor parking lot at night)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Had some time to spare today and decided to redo my player sprite (which I use as an avatar) for the game I'll eventually make in Construct. It's still a wip (especially the hat) but I think I got it down to a more comfortable size and posture. The original would have been a pain to animate.

There probably won't be any actual in-game footage for quite a while since I'm going to do the graphics first and when it's done I'll go over to coding, although exceptions would be trying out effects and such. For instance I played around with particles and the flame effect to create purple smoke.

Edit: Small update on the sprite.

Added a band on the hat to increase its Fedora-factor. And started on an idle animation. Only the upper body is animated right now though, there'll probably be some swaying in the legs as well later on.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:18 am

Splynch looks like fun. Especially that giant skull! Want to play! :)

And wow Inkbot, very good Sprite and smoothly animated already. Can't wait to see how your project will turn out!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 am

Working on a little horizontally side scrolling shooter about a war between colonies in outer space and the Earth. Watched Gundam a little too much as a kid, I think. As you can see in the pics, there are cities on the moon.

Resolution is set for 720P right now. THE SHIP IS NOT FINAL. That's the shape I want, but it's just a pencil sketch I scanned in and cut up. The ship will have more refined graphics... I promise.

Do a Barrel Roll, plus dramatic camera zoom & shield.

After posting it, it looks a little empty. It looks so much better in motion (there are explosions going off in the background). All the wings and pieces of the ship are individual and move according to the direction the player goes in. Explosions are hand animated the old fashioned way, all the graphics I drew up in photoshop, and haven't got around to finalizing the player's ship's graphics. Really though, the animation of the ship moving I'm really proud of.

Also, besides shooting, you can do barrel rolls, which is animated, and the camera will zoom in dynamically and stuff. All the other layers have different Zoom rates, so it's really dramatic.... and cool. :D

No enemies yet, but... they're coming. And battleships in the background too. I just hope I can program enemy movements.... which I suck at. >_< But yeah, almost all of the player craft movement and shooting is in there. :D I find myself working on the background and the ambiance more than the actual gameplay though. lol. haha.
B
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 pm

[quote="strike911":1uij7n7k]After posting it, it looks a little empty. It looks so much better in motion (there are explosions going off in the background). All the wings and pieces of the ship are individual and move according to the direction the player goes in. Explosions are hand animated the old fashioned way, all the graphics I drew up in photoshop, and haven't got around to finalizing the player's ship's graphics. Really though, the animation of the ship moving I'm really proud of.

Also, besides shooting, you can do barrel rolls, which is animated, and the camera will zoom in dynamically and stuff. All the other layers have different Zoom rates, so it's really dramatic.... and cool.

No enemies yet, but... they're coming. And battleships in the background too. I just hope I can program enemy movements.... which I suck at. >_< But yeah, almost all of the player craft movement and shooting is in there. I find myself working on the background and the ambiance more than the actual gameplay though. lol. haha.[/quote:1uij7n7k]
Youtube is your friend. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Yeah, post a vid, man! There is a 'post videos of what you're working on' thread... :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Uploading video as I type. :D
B
G

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Currently just a mockup, although I have a little of the engine done. First ever try at pixel art.

Normal size 8X8 sprites

Blown up X4.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:29 am

If thats your first try, than it looks awesome :). If not it's still nice.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests