Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 am

Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:08 am

Arclight wrote:Omg. This is so awesome. How hard was it to get things done? I want to do a multiplayer game, but idk if I can do everything myself...

Which part was the hardest?

Thanks! The hardest part was understanding how everything actually worked. After that, I only had to change the get-bit actions to fit the platform behavior, instead of the 8-direction. If you want, I can provide the .capx.

mannygill99 wrote:Hey i was just wondering how you went about to host ur servers to be online? does it cost you anything right now to keep ur servers online?

I'm not using my own servers right now, but the Scirra server for online hosted games. It works fine, although I'm thinking about using the server I host my website on. That obviously costs money.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Joeriri wrote:
Arclight wrote:Omg. This is so awesome. How hard was it to get things done? I want to do a multiplayer game, but idk if I can do everything myself...

Thanks! The hardest part was understanding how everything actually worked. After that, I only had to change the get-bit actions to fit the platform behavior, instead of the 8-direction. If you want, I can provide the .capx.

mannygill99 wrote:Hey i was just wondering how you went about to host ur servers to be online? does it cost you anything right now to keep ur servers online?

I'm not using my own servers right now, but the Scirra server for online hosted games. It works fine, although I'm thinking about using the server I host my website on. That obviously costs money.

I would love to see that. Thanks in advance
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:19 am

Messing with procedural animation. No frames here, just a stack of sprites being rotated, stretched and squashed.
Here are the individual parts all spread out.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:54 am

Ahr Ech wrote:Messing with procedural animation. No frames here, just a stack of sprites being rotated, stretched and squashed.
Here are the individual parts all spread out.

nice...is the blob shadow your collision mask?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:31 am

harrio wrote:nice...is the blob shadow your collision mask?

Actually the dark red circle in the middle is. I have all my collision shapes for characters, walls and obstacles shifted up about 12 pixels so that projectiles appear to collide with the center of mass rather than ground level if hit from below.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 am

Good morning fellow devs,

I am a indie game developer and finished my latest game on android. I can really use your help in making this a success by spreading the news. Any feedback, good or bad, will be appreciated,

As always downloads and ratings are welcome,

Here is the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frostytornado.monstermemorymadness

And some screenshots:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Arclight wrote:
Joeriri wrote:

I would love to see that. Thanks in advance

Alrighty! Here's the link for the .capx: http://joeriridder.nl/games/online/extra/onlinegamewip.capx
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:35 pm

facecjf wrote:Image

Dude this is dope. Reminds me of Karateka.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Changed the cave tile color. Purple definitely gives me more of a cave vibe.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests