Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

B

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Working on my dynamic level generator with customizable values that will let the user make many kinds of levels, really similar to the Nuclear Throne levels' fashion and easy to fit your needs! Everything is made off tilemaps, after the level is generated there is some cleaning done so there aren't too many lone walls that make the mess (that's easily customizable as well), also the walls spawn shadows and the proper z-order is applied so the player appears behind/in front of the wall when he's supposed to. The generating part is 100% ready, I want to add enemies and a few others things before I release it though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Lordshiva1948 wrote:zzulian good work very well done

Thank you
B
S

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 pm

AC Games wrote:Working on my dynamic level generator with customizable values that will let the user make many kinds of levels, really similar to the Nuclear Throne levels' fashion and easy to fit your needs! Everything is made off tilemaps, after the level is generated there is some cleaning done so there aren't too many lone walls that make the mess (that's easily customizable as well), also the walls spawn shadows and the proper z-order is applied so the player appears behind/in front of the wall when he's supposed to. The generating part is 100% ready, I want to add enemies and a few others things before I release it though.

Sounds great, so you use a tilemap object?
B
S

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 12:17 am

@zzulian Thank you! And yes sir! Ground, walls and the shadows are all tilemap objects.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 8:17 am

Credit goes to 7soul for the original capx, just slightly tweaking as of now to be more Zelda like a bit. Just have to figure out how to get the hearts to drop one row once you get 11 hearts or more.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs I have made:
Zelda-Style Inventory
Zelda Hearts System

The unwritten "How do I" capx etiquette! Nearly always provide a capx of the problem you have, and try to isolate the problem and/or no capx above 10 MB. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 2:03 pm

@LaDestitute pretty neat! Are you using the hearts as a tiled background?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2016 12:19 am

Nah, they're instances of one sprite, and I also think your random terrain gen thing is pretty damn cool. I've tinkered with random generation in Construct 2 and have...gotten results, but nothing complex as that.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs I have made:
Zelda-Style Inventory
Zelda Hearts System

The unwritten "How do I" capx etiquette! Nearly always provide a capx of the problem you have, and try to isolate the problem and/or no capx above 10 MB. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 am

Working on a small RTS pause-able space game.

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Oh okay, and thank you @LaDestitute I really appreciate it, especially that it was really tricky and took me some time to figure everything out.
Nice @evillair looking quite interesting so far.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests