Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 am

My first Construct project:

Pretty much all except the sprites are placeholders for now, still need to make my own effects, background and HUD.
I'm having troubles trying to get the autoscrolling background effect of a shmup. ;_;
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm

I sincerely hope your game won't be as terribly boring as that one Nanoha STG out there. I have bad memories from playing it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 am

Which one? I've only know one that was a Touhou clone, and the sequel of that one wasn't too bad.
B
G

Post » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Basically a naked Goblin as a base for the characters in TRIBE.
B
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 am

that goblin was looking good until the image hosting site starting bangin out some monster electro music from some advert at 1am here so i shut it down :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 pm

[quote="lucid":3k33ku2i]that looks really good kaos
are you an artist as a hobby, a student, or a professional?[/quote:3k33ku2i]

More hobby than anything. To be honest, that was my 2nd real pixel project.... Meaning I've only been working with pixel art for less than a week (at the time of posting that). However, I have been seriously studying art (on my own time, as well as a few classes) so I guess you might classify it as student and hobby :D

As for pillow shading... yeah, on the leggings I _sorta_ pillow shaded it, some intentional... some laziness :P

Right now im working on my game again (nearly forgot about it >.>) so I may have some better things to show later... maybe.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Something I've been working on today. Took me a few hours and was pretty much a challenge to see how much of Construct I've learned.

Last night I actually kind of thought of trying to make destructible terrain (not deformable)! I know it's simple, but here's the catch. You can draw the level, press enter and it generates it! Pretty interesting and there's probably a much better way to do it, but it was kind of fun.

First draw the level (with a pen tool created through events):

Then hit enter to generate the level:

Then Destroy!

You can't really see the destroy process through images, but that purple orb drops bombs and which deletes whatever it comes in contact with.

Here's a more solid preview of the program:

Right now it was just for fun, but if a multiplayer plugin ever comes out, I have big plans for this (no, not a Gunbound-esque game or anything like TONKS, but remotely similar concept).

I have two others projects which I'm working on, one which I've been working on for a couple of months (long-term) and another which I started yesterday (to test myself at first, but now I'm turning it into a tower defense game with a twist). The latter is going to be 720p, so I'm going to really focus on getting this high-resolution game somewhere. I'll try to post more screens of them when I progress.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:55 am

Been playing around with the shadow caster and lights etc and finally got something pretty cool working
(excuse the frame rate, i only have my old laptop to run this on atm, runs great on my pc)

Edit - Changed second pic now that i figured out how to make the shadows darker.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Placeholder Pawk: The Legend of Something Awesome (Probably a Sword.)

A game I'm making for GameCareerGuide.com's Game Programming Challenge 3 - Indirect Control.

Its going to be a puzzle RPG that uses your text to control the character, with keywords doing things like changing direction or using items and non-keywords controlling how far you walk or (maybe) how strong of an attack you use.

The graphics are ugly as hell (thus the title) but I spent most of the time reworking my design and don't have much left for the fun part, figuring out an interactive fiction like parsing system.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Cool gameplay idea, MisfitBYTE. 8)

Good luck!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests