Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 pm

thanks @zzulian hope to show something more impressive soon.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm

A casual rafting game, which is actually almost done -
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 pm

@mudmask Looks fun. One advice is to remove the buttons and just go left on any touch at the left side of the screen and right on all touches on the right side. Most users are used to that these days and it is a lot cleaner. Just a tip, looks great anyway :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 pm

@mudmask that game looks really cool! Have you got the river generating randomly on every play?

EDIT: reading back through, there is some epically good work posted in this thread...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 am

Implemented a rudimentary command console into my gamekit, been working on the builtin debug menu I have already build so this is a new feature as part of it's overhaul.

Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 am

Anonnymitet wrote:@mudmask Looks fun. One advice is to remove the buttons and just go left on any touch at the left side of the screen and right on all touches on the right side. Most users are used to that these days and it is a lot cleaner. Just a tip, looks great anyway :)

Hey thanks so much! And actually, I thought about that. Really the touch area is actually the whole left or right of the screen, and the buttons are just kind of there to help out (not sure if that makes sense). It felt a lot less like a game before I had the buttons on there too, but I might still consider either removing them or having an option to remove them.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:58 am

Artpunk wrote:@mudmask that game looks really cool! Have you got the river generating randomly on every play?

EDIT: reading back through, there is some epically good work posted in this thread...

Thanks so much - while the river isn't COMPLETELY random each time, it's made of random parts that connect together which make different combinations each time. Every time you go X distance it loads another block of level based on the last block's exit point. Not sure if that makes sense! One of those things I came up with laying in bed.. haha

The grass terrain, the trees and bushes, the clouds, and the little water ripples all appear at random though. It definitely gives the illusion of total procedural generation, but I still maintain control of the various parts of the river so that they're both playable and also look nice.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am

Improved command console and debug. Includes a new /help command (thus the /kill explanation is a test of the command), it's mostly good but could use a bit of tweaking. Will add a feature to click objects/entities to feed their associated metadata to the console log later in the afternoon

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:36 pm

LaDestitute wrote:Improved command console and debug. Includes a new /help command (thus the /kill explanation is a test of the command), it's mostly good but could use a bit of tweaking. Will add a feature to click objects/entities to feed their associated metadata to the console log later in the afternoon

You've been at this project for a while and it looks great! what resolution are you targeting? or do you have it setup as a variable resolution?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 pm

mudmask wrote:
LaDestitute wrote:Improved command console and debug. Includes a new /help command (thus the /kill explanation is a test of the command), it's mostly good but could use a bit of tweaking. Will add a feature to click objects/entities to feed their associated metadata to the console log later in the afternoon

You've been at this project for a while and it looks great! what resolution are you targeting? or do you have it setup as a variable resolution?

1280x720, so standard HD resolution but I need to fix some bugs as upping the resolution apparently breaks the zone camera system.

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests