Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm

@Tokinsom

Woo!

Your mini-metroid game is easily my most anticipated Construct title. Good luck! 8)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:18 pm

well...

ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:54 pm

that shuttle/thingy drawing is just phenomenal
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

Hello !
Here are some screenshots and a technical demo of my game, as you've probably noticed, draws heavily on the first Fallout.

And for the technical demo is here: http://www.filedropper.com/evtd03
Enjoy ! :P
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 am

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":1h9o99pq]that shuttle/thingy drawing is just phenomenal[/quote:1h9o99pq]
your words makes me very sad :(

[quote:1h9o99pq]Here are some screenshots and a technical demo of my game, as you've probably noticed, draws heavily on the first Fallout.[/quote:1h9o99pq]
and this actualy looks very promising.
what technique you use for the FogOfWar? Canvas or Object?
i would complain a little bit about that metal doors in the rock wall. they seems unnatural. you should perhaps put some kind of frame, like a conrate wall around it or something.

The character animation is great. incredibly fluent and smonth. how may frames the character animation you used? the effect is awesome. did you used 3d modeling program? i am missing human models so nice as this SOOOO much :(

about the texture you have used for the starting area... scew it a bit, to give it a sense of perspective, because atm i feel like i am runing on a wall.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 pm

For the fog of war I use objects that simply disappears into contact with the hero. For the character it is 30 frames per second in its animation and I use the software "Poser".

I agree with the effect of wall texture that leaves the ground when in motion but I have not yet found a way to "tilt". Any advice?
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

[quote="Tyler Durden":12aia47m]For the fog of war I use objects that simply disappears into contact with the hero. For the character it is 30 frames per second in its animation and I use the software "Poser".

I agree with the effect of wall texture that leaves the ground when in motion but I have not yet found a way to "tilt". Any advice?[/quote:12aia47m]

ahh i see. i am asking because i am i need of FoW too but my layout is propably much biger then your world map and i was curious how big impact so many FoW clouds objects may have on the performence.

Ohhh Poser! can you tell me, how easy is it to learn for a non-modeler person? i tried .blender and my brain melted thru my ears. I even checked demos of Maya, 3dMAX, Cinema4D but with similiar effect. And i am still looking for a software which would let me lay my hands on some kind human-like Characters models. Human-like characters are the only thing i am still missing. for my game.

About the wall texutres... umm what you mean? Cave walls are okey, so are that vault-like doors. its just the blending(the valult doors look unnatural on the wall). and when i was talking about the ground i meant it doesnt look like a ground. more like a wall, as you cant observe any angle, which should be present even a bit, if the gameplay is topdown-isometric.
hold on, ill give you an example of what i mean.

i just made this terrain. here is a topview, just like you textures of the ground:

its hard to gues the angle, or is it a wall, or a ground seen from above.

this one is just edited a bit, with perspective scewing

do you see the diffrence?
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 am

[quote="irbis":pxqsltg7][quote="Tyler Durden":pxqsltg7]For the fog of war I use objects that simply disappears into contact with the hero. For the character it is 30 frames per second in its animation and I use the software "Poser".

I agree with the effect of wall texture that leaves the ground when in motion but I have not yet found a way to "tilt". Any advice?[/quote:pxqsltg7]

ahh i see. i am asking because i am i need of FoW too but my layout is propably much biger then your world map and i was curious how big impact so many FoW clouds objects may have on the performence.

Ohhh Poser! can you tell me, how easy is it to learn for a non-modeler person? i tried .blender and my brain melted thru my ears. I even checked demos of Maya, 3dMAX, Cinema4D but with similiar effect. And i am still looking for a software which would let me lay my hands on some kind human-like Characters models. Human-like characters are the only thing i am still missing. for my game.

About the wall texutres... umm what you mean? Cave walls are okey, so are that vault-like doors. its just the blending(the valult doors look unnatural on the wall). and when i was talking about the ground i meant it doesnt look like a ground. more like a wall, as you cant observe any angle, which should be present even a bit, if the gameplay is topdown-isometric.
hold on, ill give you an example of what i mean.

i just made this terrain. here is a topview, just like you textures of the ground:

its hard to gues the angle, or is it a wall, or a ground seen from above.

this one is just edited a bit, with perspective scewing

do you see the diffrence?[/quote:pxqsltg7]
hey irbis do you know a technique in construct that I can make a terrain like a grass with different 'grass images' without creating 500 sprites?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 am

[quote:swkr3zqn]hey irbis do you know a technique in construct that I can make a terrain like a grass with different 'grass images' without creating 500 sprites?[/quote:swkr3zqn]

well all you need is seamless texture and perhaps this topic
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7803&p=60477&hilit=repeating+texture#p60477
this should do if your grass texture is really seamless and good quality.

but if you want the grass to be somewhat diffrent from time to time then... i dont know. you would need couple of seamless textures but with same looking main part and an array.

but dont ask me, i am mearly a rookie here. Lucid, Newt, Tulamide, R0J0hound are the ones you should ask.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:25 am

Not to derail the topic too much, but yes that method linked will do, that or the tiled background object. The problem with grass is that it can show a pattern at some point.
Now with a tiled distortmap tho, you can use the color filter for some randomness.
[url:3hyg3mdi]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/uvtiledcf.cap[/url:3hyg3mdi]
Image Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests