Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Here is a preview of the driver details with strings from external text files. I have not coded it to display real money yet.

Here is the race screen which makes use of switchable magic cameras and the layout plugins. Lap count increases by 1 as each car passes the start/finish line. So far it is not connected to the menu section
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Ok here are a few screens of my "game".

I'm trying to work on the system so most of the graphics are placeholders. I won't obviously keep the Jennifer Simpson Sprite ^^:

Walking around (well, standing still while i took the screenshot u_u):

Being chased and getting crazy (nice frame rate drop lol) :

And oh, spitting some gore (even more framerate drop u_u)

Note : these FPS drops happen on a i3 530 @2.93ghz + geforce 310
Doesn't drop below 60 (Vsync) on my laptop (Q9000+radeon4650)...

But right now it's got a problem :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8006

I gotta figure that out, or i'll be stuck with these textures...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:03 am

Here's some new screenshots of Talbot's Odyssey

PS. We're on indieDB too :D here's the link: [url:3oey9ohm]http://indiedb.com/games/talbots-odyssey-part-i[/url:3oey9ohm]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 am

[quote="saint11":1g35i6vl]Here's some new screenshots of Talbot's Odyssey
PS. We're on indieDB too :D here's the link: [url:1g35i6vl]http://indiedb.com/games/talbots-odyssey-part-i[/url:1g35i6vl][/quote:1g35i6vl]

i am seriously sooo jelous of your graphics designer/artist right now *_*
this really looks pro
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Good luck Simul810. How far you are with the game?
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:43 pm

just a little side project i started a while ago.or more like an experiment of sorts.
if anyone remembers a classic called moonstone. i decided to try and make some sort of a "remake".anyway,heres the screenshot:

to put things in perspective,this is the good ol' classic im trying to remake:

anyone who hasnt played it,i'd strongly recommend to try it,or atleast youtube it. it's still bloody brilliant,and very gory :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 pm

I just started this project today
making a remake of the old slime football game
i have come so far:

i have not made any ball graphic yet, but it will for sure get in the game :D
unless i forget it xD
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:51 pm

[quote="Noga":1gv73lxd]Good luck Simul810. How far you are with the game?[/quote:1gv73lxd]

Its been a while, progress has been slow because I get an error message when I load the cap file, either I have to remove the background image or I have to change the text rendering each time I add to the game.

Is this an issue with the number of text objects (600+) in the game I am creating or is it a problem I should report?

More of the menu screens. All of the side buttons work and show the correct text like a page. Here you can select from a set of predefined images of your car for the race screens. You only will be able to have custom options for a new team.

Here is the race screen once again. It has no car or circuit graphics as I had to start it again after a memory crash and a corrupted cap. Good thing I had previous versions of the main project cap file. This is why there is only text positioned so far.
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:40 pm

This is a mock-up, since i can't do that light effect (yet).

B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:49 pm

[quote="Simul810":3rc5wsez]Is this an issue with the number of text objects (600+) in the game I am creating or is it a problem I should report?[/quote:3rc5wsez]
Post it in the Help section first.
The game looks complex and... complicated, but I like it. I remember playing a racing game (I think the game is 20+yrs old), nascar racing, where I've had one car and raced it for 100+ rounds. I've had to avoid other cars and use pit stop to change tires, refuel etc. at the right time. I've liked that bit of strategy whether to go refuel or wait one more round and risk it to go dry (especially after 1/2h playing and 80 rounds finished :x ).
In your game, can a player control a car or races will be simulated, or both?
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests