Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:50 pm

[quote="irbis":1dnelrtg][quote="mosh":1dnelrtg]Love the trees in the background. Gorgeous.[/quote:1dnelrtg]
and i am like the exact opposite :lol: the trees is what anoys me heh[/quote:1dnelrtg]

irbis I Think the trees work very well with the rest of the graphics. They all got that paper cut out look. I just would like to see the trees covered with snow like the rest of the stage.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:21 pm

[quote="toralord":3vb9nahl][quote="irbis":3vb9nahl][quote="mosh":3vb9nahl]Love the trees in the background. Gorgeous.[/quote:3vb9nahl]
and i am like the exact opposite :lol: the trees is what anoys me heh[/quote:3vb9nahl]

irbis I Think the trees work very well with the rest of the graphics. They all got that paper cut out look. I just would like to see the trees covered with snow like the rest of the stage.[/quote:3vb9nahl]
Not for me. Check the rest of the eviroment. Especialy the ground with a bit of icy/snowy overlay. They are very detailed and very high quality. Everything seems very polished and almost like 3D renders. And then the trees stands against it.
But hey, its just my opinion. And as i am more of a gamer then GameDev thats a gamer opinion :)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:39 pm

That's a screen of my game. It calls Shadow Runner

P.S.The name of this effect is God Rays, later I'll post more about it.
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:47 am

The beginnings of an RTS, which will possibly be abandoned in light of Construct 2 and no backwards compatibility. Oh well...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 am

Hey guyz, I just kind of got into construct... I tried following the platformer school tutorial, but then I realized the caps were out of date, so a lot of the stuff wasn't functioning right. This is a screen shot of what I'm going for, though a lot of the stuff is placeholders:

*of course DIE would be replaced with a life bar of sorts*

You walk around... and that's really all I've figured how to do. :(
Heres the cap:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3XP472J

Sorry for using megaupload... Anyways, my problem is I can't figure out how to get my player sprite to face left. It's probably really obvious, but I'm still not used to the interface, so excuse my newbieness. Also the platformer behavior is at the default settings- I know how to change that, but I want to get my sprites facing correctly before I focus on that.
B
G

Post » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:19 am

[quote:2mqjsuf0]Hey guyz, I just kind of got into construct... I tried following the platformer school tutorial, but then I realized the caps were out of date, so a lot of the stuff wasn't functioning right. This is a screen shot of what I'm going for, though a lot of the stuff is placeholders:[/quote:2mqjsuf0]
actualy i LOOOVEEE the graphic style. its a bit retro or/and psychodelic. i favor both.

[quote:2mqjsuf0]Sorry for using megaupload... [/quote:2mqjsuf0]
then why not to use Dropbox? everybody here uses it.
If you use this link you will get a bonus +250MB upload space (and so will I :P)
http://db.tt/L11asdQ
Its really the best file upload/sharing/hosting i ever come across.

[quote:2mqjsuf0]Anyways, my problem is I can't figure out how to get my player sprite to face left. It's probably really obvious,[/quote:2mqjsuf0]
oh sure it is, but dont worry :)
in your sprite "properties" scroll down and check this:
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:41 am

[quote="Sup with that?":xpw31yzn]
The beginnings of an RTS, which will possibly be abandoned in light of Construct 2 and no backwards compatibility. Oh well...[/quote:xpw31yzn]
I wouldn't despair, since Construct 2 probably won't be up to the level of functionality that .96 has for quite some time.
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:47 am

[quote="Emperor Ing":i6dx4zpt][quote="Sup with that?":i6dx4zpt]
The beginnings of an RTS, which will possibly be abandoned in light of Construct 2 and no backwards compatibility. Oh well...[/quote:i6dx4zpt]
I wouldn't despair, since Construct 2 probably won't be up to the level of functionality that .96 has for quite some time.[/quote:i6dx4zpt]
exactly. v0.XX was in state of development for couple of years. i wouldnt expect C2 going any near equal to it in next 6months-1year. so what? going to wait all this time? when you could have a finished your game in meantime? :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm

[quote="irbis":k3tsoyav][quote:k3tsoyav]Anyways, my problem is I can't figure out how to get my player sprite to face left. It's probably really obvious,[/quote:k3tsoyav]
oh sure is, but dont worry :)
in your sprite "properties" scroll down and check this:
[/quote:k3tsoyav]

Thank you! :D I actually had auto mirror checked, but... It doesn't seem to do anything. Heres the .cap in a now more accesible form if you could please take a look. 8) I even have events

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/Vinnie.cap

IDK maybe my DX is somehow out of date... I'll check into that. But I really don't understand why it would have trouble flipping a sprite!
B
G

Post » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 am

[quote="irbis":20xxcgyz][quote="Emperor Ing":20xxcgyz][quote="Sup with that?":20xxcgyz]
The beginnings of an RTS, which will possibly be abandoned in light of Construct 2 and no backwards compatibility. Oh well...[/quote:20xxcgyz]
I wouldn't despair, since Construct 2 probably won't be up to the level of functionality that .96 has for quite some time.[/quote:20xxcgyz]
exactly. v0.XX was in state of development for couple of years. i wouldnt expect C2 going any near equal to it in next 6months-1year. so what? going to wait all this time? when you could have a finished your game in meantime? :wink:[/quote:20xxcgyz]
I was thinking along the same lines, actually. And besides, practice never hurts :wink:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests