Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:44 am

[quote="Swordofkings128":36mky4jg][quote="irbis":36mky4jg][quote:36mky4jg]Anyways, my problem is I can't figure out how to get my player sprite to face left. It's probably really obvious,[/quote:36mky4jg]
oh sure is, but dont worry :)
in your sprite "properties" scroll down and check this:
[/quote:36mky4jg]

Thank you! :D I actually had auto mirror checked, but... It doesn't seem to do anything. Heres the .cap in a now more accesible form if you could please take a look. 8) I even have events

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/Vinnie.cap

IDK maybe my DX is somehow out of date... I'll check into that. But I really don't understand why it would have trouble flipping a sprite![/quote:36mky4jg]

ive found the culprit.
first change back what i have adviced you
then go to behaviour setting and within, on the very end but before "new behaviour" is a magical "auto rotate" option. check it.
Sorry, i havent used platformer beh that much. totaly forgoten how to do stuff ^^
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Mnemons
synchronous co-op byte-sized platformer

B
G

Post » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Oooh wow, that looks pretty cool, Vermonde. :D

Anyways, I took Irbis' advice and did auto rotate on my player box, but... Now it makes my actual player sprite upside down and backwards. The good news is I'v added a couple things I plan to have with game play. Here are the controls:
Z- Jump
X- Shoot energy balls
C- Make blocks
B- Make a bomb

And I also added that orbiter behavior by... Uh... some guy on this forum :S I can't remember who but it's pretty sweet. Thanks, who ever you are! :D Anyways, there are 3 snakes on the map. They don't do anything, but you can shoot them and they die. I also plan on having the player being able to jump on them like in Mario.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/Vinniebuild2.cap
B
G

Post » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

[quote="Swordofkings128":1sly5yvq]Oooh wow, that looks pretty cool, Vermonde. :D

Anyways, I took Irbis' advice and did auto rotate on my player box, but... Now it makes my actual player sprite upside down and backwards.[/quote:1sly5yvq]

1> in the animator, remove the 180 angle animations of Vinnie
2> check the box that says auto-mirror in the Vinnie sprite

that should do the trick
B
G

Post » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 pm

[quote="Swordofkings128":17t81vsn]Oooh wow, that looks pretty cool, Vermonde. :D

Anyways, I took Irbis' advice and did auto rotate on my player box, but... Now it makes my actual player sprite upside down and backwards. The good news is I'v added a couple things I plan to have with game play. Here are the controls:
Z- Jump
X- Shoot energy balls
C- Make blocks
B- Make a bomb

And I also added that orbiter behavior by... Uh... some guy on this forum :S I can't remember who but it's pretty sweet. Thanks, who ever you are! :D Anyways, there are 3 snakes on the map. They don't do anything, but you can shoot them and they die. I also plan on having the player being able to jump on them like in Mario.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/Vinniebuild2.cap[/quote:17t81vsn]

thats odd - it worked for me.

and yeah, listen to Vermonde. it should do the trick.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:20 am

[quote="Vermonde":1v5xfvmh][quote="Swordofkings128":1v5xfvmh]Oooh wow, that looks pretty cool, Vermonde. :D

Anyways, I took Irbis' advice and did auto rotate on my player box, but... Now it makes my actual player sprite upside down and backwards.[/quote:1v5xfvmh]

1> in the animator, remove the 180 angle animations of Vinnie
2> check the box that says auto-mirror in the Vinnie sprite

that should do the trick[/quote:1v5xfvmh]

Ahhh, yeah THAT's what I'm talkin' about. Thanks Vermonde and irbis- you guys are the bomb. It's working pretty awesomely now. 8)
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:33 am

B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Looking as good as ever, Tokinson.

Very very very early build:

I've only just made the little hero and the environment right now. I just want to make something SIMPLE so I could get it done.
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 pm

[quote="Tokinsom":373cad3j][/quote:373cad3j]

Keep up the good work Tokinsom. Your screens continue to look deliciously retro :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:10 pm

[quote="Tokinsom":25utf482][/quote:25utf482]

This is sexy as hell.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests