Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 pm

[quote="pyteo":le39fjob]Yokai, old school platformer.
The "engine" is finished, and we will post a gameplay video later this week.

What do you guys think?
[/quote:le39fjob]

Wow, that looks beautiful. If the game plays as well as it looks, this is going to be great :) The colours and style is just up my alley.

Will look forward to this!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm

[quote="pyteo":1t32ax6a][quote="dexterroderick":1t32ax6a]Do you have a release date for the gameplay video? I know it's later in the week, but I can't wait![/quote:1t32ax6a]

If not tomorrow, than sometime in the weekend. We are still making some adjustments in the music.

Don't put your expectations to high, it's just a very short teaser trailer showing only the first ability of Yokai, nothing impressive :)[/quote:1t32ax6a]

AH! no link yet?
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

[quote="dexterroderick":2sux9rqb][quote="pyteo":2sux9rqb][quote="dexterroderick":2sux9rqb]Do you have a release date for the gameplay video? I know it's later in the week, but I can't wait![/quote:2sux9rqb]

If not tomorrow, than sometime in the weekend. We are still making some adjustments in the music.

Don't put your expectations to high, it's just a very short teaser trailer showing only the first ability of Yokai, nothing impressive :)[/quote:2sux9rqb]

AH! no link yet?[/quote:2sux9rqb]

Sorry, the video has been online for some time :) http://www.youtube.com/user/2badcompanystudio

I'm also very happy. We were featured on Indiegames.com: http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2011/03/ ... mpany.html
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am

Beautiful, I like how foreground and background colors blend nicely together. May I ask, how water splashes are made, particle generator?
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

[quote="Noga":2b3pi2et]Beautiful, I like how foreground and background colors blend nicely together. May I ask, how water splashes are made, particle generator?[/quote:2b3pi2et]

Yes, it's a particle emitter ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:14 am

[quote="pyteo":2k28zc56][quote="Noga":2k28zc56]Beautiful, I like how foreground and background colors blend nicely together. May I ask, how water splashes are made, particle generator?[/quote:2k28zc56]

Yes, it's a particle emitter ;)[/quote:2k28zc56]
Hit me up with mo'info on it when you've got an alpha playtest version, I'd love to do an Indie Indeed showcase! YouTube ftw

Also love the Kirby meets Anime vibe, it gives me :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 am

Hi,

I thought that I could also show my little project at the time, after reading trough all the 67 pages of this thread. It's very early WIP, in fact I just started working on it during this night. Yet it is already a little bit of fun, to kill the ugly placeholder-zombies. :D

As you can see I have a flashlight. It has simple dynamic lightning via light-element and shadow-tracer.

You can also shoot with your never-ending ammunition supply at the mindless (un)dead and watch their blood splatter around. This will of course be extended with various different blood-stains that will be randomly put on the ground on each hit via animation-frames... after all, what would a zombie game be without gore?

I plan for it to be a strategic horror-survival game where there is no real chance of killing all zombies, rather you have to get to certain points of interest, resupply, find shelter etc. Just survive. The flashlight will partly be your only way to see and there will be always too much zombies to just shoot your way trough.
B
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Trying to get my stuff together and make some progress on this project. I'm just constantly getting stuck playing with the skybox and ending up doing very little.

\ -' /
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:57 pm

skybox looking rad
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Here's something I'm working now:

B