Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:35 pm

The Bespectacled One, I hope you do and I look forward to seeing what you come up with! I really liked the competition idea and enjoyed the challenge of having to use only one layout.

Thoughtzone, the idea of a day/night cycle is perfectly doable, I had a simple setup in a top down shooter I was working on where a tint layer's RGB values were affected by the time of day. It was simple and looked alright but with proper attention something like that could be tweaked and work great. Especially if you based the intensity of bloom on the same system (high at midnight also for a moonlit glow on bright textures). Hope you keep us updated!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:20 pm

[quote="Corvidae":2ly1nq88]I really liked the competition idea and enjoyed the challenge of having to use only one layout.[/quote:2ly1nq88]
Same!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Hope to see you both fighting til death for my dollar! Naaah. I'll just enjoy trying your stuff :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm

yeah i might not use the day/night transition system for that game because it is mostly made of pre-rendred map like in L4d with some random element and you won't play more than 5 minutes per maps.

Maybe for my dream project of making a Open world game i'll add all the feature i have the knowledge to do but before, i stick to smaller project to test concept.

Oh and i need some people to help me with to draw some basic linear map.Don't put to many effort in it,i just need a top down map drawn in paint and some description of the object and building.I hope i could get as may as i can. :D

[u:3852m4n8]Daylight pic [/u:3852m4n8]
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I hate construct's sprite sheet support with a passion - the complete lack of any.

Devised this relatively simple system so it will actually work..
so much copying and pasting.. gah!

I've also stolen an idea from Metroid Confrontation / AM2R by splitting samus into legs + torso , rather than the whole body.
B
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

[quote="Instant":wjwtvj8f]I hate construct's sprite sheet support with a passion - the complete lack of any.
[/quote:wjwtvj8f]

Construct have sprite sheet support.
You can load a sprite sheet in construct.
After you create a sprite go to animation.
Right click on the frame and select import frames.
Pick the sprite sheet you want.
Then click "open".
A window will pop up.
You can then set the "tile width" and "tile height" to what ever size the frames will be.
Then "click cut into tiles", and click "import".

And their you have it spite sheet imported.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:51 pm

[quote="toralord":1yoyof9l][quote="Instant":1yoyof9l]I hate construct's sprite sheet support with a passion - the complete lack of any.
[/quote:1yoyof9l]

Construct have sprite sheet support.
You can load a sprite sheet in construct.
After you create a sprite go to animation.
Right click on the frame and select import frames.
Pick the sprite sheet you want.
Then click "open".
A window will pop up.
You can then set the "tile width" and "tile height" to what ever size the frames will be.
Then "click cut into tiles", and click "import".

And their you have it spite sheet imported.[/quote:1yoyof9l]

I wouldn't call that support. It's pretty crap. Doesn't have any support for offsets and doesn't have any preview function , so I'd have to do shitloads of trial and error to find out the proper sizes.
B
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 pm

[quote="Instant":273whynq]I wouldn't call that support. It's pretty crap. Doesn't have any support for offsets and doesn't have any preview function , so I'd have to do shitloads of trial and error to find out the proper sizes.[/quote:273whynq]

I agree. Construct is a damn fine tool, but help on the sprite animation side was pretty thin. The lack of the ability to preview is a biggie. Sure, we can test when we run the game, but sometimes that's just not viable, or requires a bit more effort than we'd like. Ah well, me being me, I just want one big button that says, CREATE GAME. DONE!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 am

[quote:lxlau88g]I just want one big button that says, CREATE GAME. DONE![/quote:lxlau88g]
if you would happend to eventualy find this mythical button please share its wherebouts with me
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 am

Pixel stuff!

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests