S
G

Post » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:31 pm

The trailer looks great Ansmesnobody!
We need a demo soon ;)
B
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm

Here's a preview video for my current project, Phenomenon 32.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2cueICJHek

A bit more info can be found here:
http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?page_id=462

Hope you like it!
B
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

That's some cool stuff Jonas. I'd try to bring this presentation over into the actual game - without it, your game seems more like a standard jump 'n run. With it, your game seems like something new. A narration or a 'documentation layer' on top of something can make for a super interesting effect (2001, Portal).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:41 pm

[quote="thomasmahler":7p4w024h]That's some cool stuff Jonas. I'd try to bring this presentation over into the actual game - without it, your game seems more like a standard jump 'n run. With it, your game seems like something new. A narration or a 'documentation layer' on top of something can make for a super interesting effect (2001, Portal).[/quote:7p4w024h]

I absolutely see what you mean, but I think that while the gameplay will be very straightforward (but hopefully quite fun), it will be far from a standard jump 'n' run. As with all my games, there will be a heavy emphasis on story and atmosphere.

Edit to clarify: while the presentation isn't identical to the preview (since you're experiencing things from within the world), it does have a narrative style of its own (which is not entirely dissimilar to the preview, but still different).
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:22 am

Jonas love the look of that. Saw it posted on indie games and didn't realise it was a Construct project. Nice work.

Thought I'd post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIuj9uwz_L8

Just a quick project for working through the basics of construct using deadeye's platform school. I've added death to the platformer, i think thats deadeye next lesson, thats why the level is unfinishable and I keep on jumping in the spikes. The HUD is just for show at the moment.

Still trying to make the graphic less repetative but I'm not the best when it comes to computer art.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 am

[quote="Minor":1znykcax]Jonas love the look of that. Saw it posted on indie games and didn't realise it was a Construct project. Nice work.

Thought I'd post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIuj9uwz_L8

Just a quick project for working through the basics of construct using deadeye's platform school. I've added death to the platformer, i think thats deadeye next lesson, thats why the level is unfinishable and I keep on jumping in the spikes. The HUD is just for show at the moment.

Still trying to make the graphic less repetative but I'm not the best when it comes to computer art.[/quote:1znykcax]

You must change picture sampling, in order to get rid off thise swinging lines. besides that it looks all right
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:19 pm

[quote="dfyb":12y4ihlc]i recommend VLC[/quote:12y4ihlc]
[quote="SoldjahBoy":12y4ihlc][color=#BF0000:12y4ihlc]Anyone having video playback issues should download and install [size=150:12y4ihlc]K-LITE CODEC PACK[/size:12y4ihlc][/color:12y4ihlc] found [size=150:12y4ihlc]HERE.[/size:12y4ihlc][/quote:12y4ihlc]

Could you please not do this. Both VLC and K-Lite are rather inadequate playback solutions.

I recommend either Media Player Classic HomeCinema (MPC-HC) or Combined Community Codec Pack, both playback solutions superior to the quoted two in basically every way. MPC-HC can be used as a standalone player (like VLC), while CCCP is a completely DirectShow-based playback solution (that comes with MPC-HC and another great DirectShow player called ZoomPlayer).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:41 am

[quote="Daiz":37lnnr65][quote="dfyb":37lnnr65]i recommend VLC[/quote:37lnnr65]
[quote="SoldjahBoy":37lnnr65][color=#BF0000:37lnnr65]Anyone having video playback issues should download and install [size=150:37lnnr65]K-LITE CODEC PACK[/size:37lnnr65][/color:37lnnr65] found [size=150:37lnnr65]HERE.[/size:37lnnr65][/quote:37lnnr65]

Could you please not do this. Both VLC and K-Lite are rather inadequate playback solutions.

I recommend either Media Player Classic HomeCinema (MPC-HC) or Combined Community Codec Pack, both playback solutions superior to the quoted two in basically every way. MPC-HC can be used as a standalone player (like VLC), while CCCP is a completely DirectShow-based playback solution (that comes with MPC-HC and another great DirectShow player called ZoomPlayer).[/quote:37lnnr65]

I fail to see how you can classify VLC or K-Lite as "inadequate". I have never had a problem with them when installed... VLC plays every file format (more than Media Player) plus it's far more light weight AND easier to make playlists with.

I also do large amounts of video encoding, re-encoding, creation, and Video DJ'ing.... and not once have I had a codec or playback issue.

Also, I prefer to NOT have 3-4 different players installed.

How is what you recommended "superior"? I would like to know, because if it truely is I might check it out... but if you are plucking words out of the air based on assumption then I'll stick with my "inadequate" products thanks.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 am

So.

Windows vs. Linux! :roll:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests