Pou is made in Stencyl?!!

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • plz explain for me this

• I tried doing a google search with "pou stencyl", and nothing came out on my part, I tried "pou" alone, and an android game came out, with "pou scirra", a link to the scirra arcade for a game named "pou" came out (I could not try because of the arcade not working properly).

Btw just tried it on tablet and it seems rather a fun tamagotchi like

Also, can I ask what we should explain about this? Even if it is made in stencyl partially or totally, how is it important?

• FWIW, all games on the Arcade are made with Construct 2. It's not possible to upload games made with other tools to the Arcade.

• You are speaking about the original. The version available in the arcade is made with construct 2. If you follow the links the dev posted you will see that they say it is a clone.

• the original pou is made in Stencyl engine , the pow in construct 2 arcade is a clone!

i know that because i was testing stencyl 1-2 years ago and pou was just a sketch wanna be game in those forums! and after a few months later! it got big! but im not recomending you stencyl ! one because does not have full freedom of engine as you want! your bound to some built in codes unless you know serious programming! not so many custom plugins addons , verry verry poor fps with a 300 actors on screen! verry poor engine ! but still is flash is good enough for apps and old mario games! but not good enough for more advanced stuff as construct 2 does:X! so stick to c2 if you want a good easy to learn engine!

• op made the pou clone

• Stencyl is not flash anymore but hex. So native export capabilities on multiplatform.

It has a decent fps and decent performance. And imo better design.

The con is the price and less community.

The pro is that you can actually build ios game without third party wrappers. I think it's the downside of scirra.

If you add multiplatform support (mac), real multiplatform export ( i know js is very bad to translate in native code).

C2 can even actually call itself C3 and will be the best engine ever.

• C2 is already the best engine ever. I own licenses to tons. This one, hands down, is my favorite And it already does have real multiplatform export. HTML5 isn't the future, it's the now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Stencyl is not flash anymore but hex. So native export capabilities on multiplatform.

It has a decent fps and decent performance. And imo better design.

The con is the price and less community.

The pro is that you can actually build ios game without third party wrappers. I think it's the downside of scirra.

If you add multiplatform support (mac), real multiplatform export ( i know js is very bad to translate in native code).

C2 can even actually call itself C3 and will be the best engine ever.

well yea its hex, but still a flash exporting only, doesnt have a html 5 exporting, not sure if they updated , i quited using it after i start using C2 , so yea has a more simple way to export games, i did a few small games with it, but they eat alot of resources even with hex, its laggy u cant place more then 500 actors on screen, and a good games has more then that, outside that most audio is buggy u must have the right amount of audio in the game other way its not gonna work, they are alot of bugs and flaws in stencyl engine, believe me , its a pretty good platform to use but gets annoyng after a while, il just stick with scirra.

P.S Congrats for C3 announce, hopefully C2 keeps updating , one question are the licensed guys from C2 gonna get a free version of C3? like any other update of C2? or is gonna be sold separate as a new engine?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)