[PRE-ALPHA] Horror Space Exploration Adventure Game

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Slowly but steady - I'm getting there. Nothing too fancy because its like 2nd week of Dev.

HIGH QUALITY VER>>> http://imgur.com/gallery/J5qpK

TRAILER!
↓↓ Click this thing ↓↓[/b]
↑↑ Click this thing ↑↑

!!!NEW 2016-07-19!!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

!!!NEW 2016-07-20!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To put it simply: A space game went on a date with HR Giger, got wasted and then crazy and had a baby. That baby - is my game.

I love space and everything related. That includes video games, of course. I love the exploration, space battles, huge chunks of metals exploding, lasers being fired. But also the unknown, the feeling of isolation, the numb silence of void.

I also love horror movies and games. Everything twisted, surreal, nightmarish. Alien and Event Horizon frenchise are one of the best examples where Sci-Fi blends with horror genre. And the game will be like that.

As for gameplay - I don't want this to be a shooter type. More like Thief in space. You are fragile, but you also got big guns. So you have to aim carefuly, wait and watch for a good opportunity. Thats for combat.

Now what else - scavenging, surviving. You fly around, collect hidden goodies. Use what you find to upgrade, expand and recover. Try to stay alive as long as possible. Robinson Crusoe in space?

When you are not fighting, running away or scavenging - you dive deep into the game world, trying to understand what exactly is this place, this space. So lots of storytelling. The end of course is when you'll find a way out. But in the meantime - you encounter various events. A bit FTL: Faster Than Light -like. So adventure like pop ups. Sudden scary occurence. Oh and you can walk around your ship.

This is by far not the whole package, but at this stage of development - I just don't want to say too much. I would like to surprise people with features and depth. Not spoil the fun before the game is even done.
Last edited by irbis on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Love the backgrounds, they look really cool, as does the lighting.

Looking forward to seeing some more.
In development: Avalon Isle
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Grymligast wrote:Love the backgrounds, they look really cool, as does the lighting.

Looking forward to seeing some more.

Thx mate. I am using a lot of normal maps, shadowing and other 2.5d tricks to make the 2d feel a lot more like 3d.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 pm

two new more
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:58 pm

it's so pretty what a great use of colour also I have never seen a horror game about space exploration I am very interested, I hope you post more soon
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:17 pm

PrinceofMars wrote:it's so pretty what a great use of colour also I have never seen a horror game about space exploration I am very interested, I hope you post more soon

Thank you very kindly mate :) And oh I will! Stay tuned! Tomorrow I'm starting adding monsters and Mobs<->Player interactions. Things should start getting more interesting from here now.

About the Horror + Space Exploration. Imagine sandboxy Deadspace. Thats where I am heading. I am actually developing a game I would love to play myself.

Thank you again!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:25 am

Graphically this looks really appealing... can't wait to see some action footage :D

The motion will really give the verdict - it usually does, no matter what the graphics look like. I'm expecting some really visceral feeling action :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:45 am

SoldjahBoy wrote:Graphically this looks really appealing... can't wait to see some action footage :D

The motion will really give the verdict - it usually does, no matter what the graphics look like. I'm expecting some really visceral feeling action :D

~Sol

Actually I was very sad because it looks like crap on screenshots vs in action lol. I'll try and fix up a video. But the problem is my 7 years old PC :( Recording even windows minesweeper makes my frame drop.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:48 am

That sounds interesting - Nice background ^^
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:39 am

SoldjahBoy wrote:Graphically this looks really appealing... can't wait to see some action footage :D

You actually inspired me to shot a quick teaster video. Should be up later. Stay tuned. Its far from perfect but ended up being quite cool,
MadSpy wrote:That sounds interesting - Nice background ^^

Thx mate. If everything goes as planed and the game will actually gain some following - your Steam plugin will gain another sale.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests