Pre-render effects

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:03 am

I suggest as an alternative to just do the effect in the layout and capture a screen of it, then paste that into the picture editor and crop it.

At least then you're still within Construct.

(Delayed response FTL, but whatever, sue me.)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Yes, that would work for some effects but if people want things like feathered edge effects that can not be printscreened, then they should use a program like Photoshop or its free clone Paint Dot Net ([url:1tc1ba0q]http://www.getpaint.net[/url:1tc1ba0q]). I'm really only asking because I thought it would be nice if Construct could have a few simple effects for people who don't want to use m/any different programs to make their simple games or prototypes.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 am

Some sort of "outer glow" effect like in Photoshop would be nice... especially if you could change the opacity, spread, and width at runtime... would make for some awesome laser bullet effects, or even thruster exhaust etc.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:47 pm

One way to look at this is from the resources point of view.
Adding effects like this would save some storage, but would also take up some ram.. possibly a lot of ram, processing power as well.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:28 pm

[quote="newt":26sjc98p]One way to look at this is from the resources point of view.
Adding effects like this would save some storage, but would also take up some ram.. possibly a lot of ram, processing power as well.[/quote:26sjc98p]

I think you misunderstood my idea, those reasons are why I want to be able to add Construct effects to the image itself before runtime (during editing), so that the effect is only used once and ram/gpu power is saved.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm new working with Construct and English is my 2nd language. I'm in a team and we're making a small game for a school project. Basically, the game consists in catching milk drops from a flying cow, just 2 levels. It is a platform game. My classmate wants that in some point of the 2nd level, everything goes to dark and we can see the player and glowing drops falling. So the gamer cannot see where is s/he running or jumping, neither the bricks nor background.

I was thinking on a mask effect, but this is my first time in construct 2 and I am not a programmer, I'm in the game design program.

I do not know how to apply effects in construct 2 yet.

Please, let me know of any idea.

B
S

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:38 am

Sadly this is not about Construct 2, this post was 4 years ago and so it's in regards to Construct Classic pre-1.0. It was funny to see it and feel like I was having this discussion a couple months ago though, time really does fly.

Anyway, I don't have much experience with Construct 2 yet myself, but if you ask around here I'm sure someone would be happy to help.Jayjay2012-02-16 06:39:44
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 am

@gndwestwd, take a look at the example file "Lighting.capx" that comes with Construct 2. You can use that effect to get the result you want.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 am

Hello SullyTheStrange,

Thanks for the info, I'll check it!

B
S

Previous

Return to Construct engineering