Press Back Button, Lose Project on Mobile

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:34 pm

I was creating something on my smartphone and accidentally hit the back button, which made me lose everything I was working on. Making sure to use C3 in fullscreen mode will help this, but if you don't and accidentally hit that button, you're pretty doomed if you didn't save. It doesn't seem to be a problem if you hit the home button or the overview button (the third on-screen button) on Android.

Maybe create a prompt or something to prevent this from happening? On the PC, pressing the back button brings up a dialog box warning you about saving.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 pm

I have same problem and going fulls screen won't help as my buttons are off screen anyway
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

I had this happen as well (new Kindle Fire HD 8 using sideloaded Chrome beta). Luckily I was just looking through the new sample games they included and not working on anything, but had I been editing this would have been a rage quit moment. I'm not sure how this can be prevented while the software's running in a browser, which is one of my big peeves with browser-based software. At least on PC there's a user-posted solution to launch the app on its own, which removes the accidental back button problem:

pro-tip-open-c3-in-app-mode_t189550
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:06 pm

If I have unsaved changes in a project in Chrome for Android and I press back, it prompts to confirm, just like desktop does: "Do you want to leave this site? Changes that you made may not be saved. Cancel / Leave"

So it seems to be working correctly. Which device/Android version/Chrome versions are affected?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Ashley wrote:If I have unsaved changes in a project in Chrome for Android and I press back, it prompts to confirm, just like desktop does: "Do you want to leave this site? Changes that you made may not be saved. Cancel / Leave"

So it seems to be working correctly. Which device/Android version/Chrome versions are affected?

You're correct mostly.

Using Chrome Beta, so version 58.whatever, as long as you're in fullscreen, pressing back will bring up a prompt to let you know of unsaved changes. However, if you created a shortcut to your mobile desktop and open it from there, it doesn't give you an option to go full screen, so pressing back minimizes the window and restarts the engine upon bringing it back up.

Another thing. If you use full screen and try making a sprite, you can see the paint bucket on the left side. If you're not in full screen, you can't see it or scroll up to find it. Also, pressing the paint bucket doesn't give me any option to change the color.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Re-filed here: https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/6

Closing this issue.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs