Preventing Element Selection

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Ashley just found a solution for the problem of selecting elements outside of canvas when using clicking repeatedly. Solved all my complains about locking mouse to canvas :D Maybe it could be added by default in the HTML on next release ? Just put this on style tag

body

{

-webkit-user-select: none;

-khtml-user-select: none;

-moz-user-select: none;

-o-user-select: none;

user-select: none;

}

This will prevent selecting all elements on page. You can still click on them of course. Tested it on Chrome, Firefox and IE9. In Chrome and FF it works perfectly. IE9 doesn't seem to implement it yet.

• I'm not sure about adding it as a default, because unselectable pages can feel very unnatural and since many users copy+paste the exported HTML without looking too closely it could end up spreading and making entire pages unselectable. I think it's better people apply this on their own.

• That's what i thought :) I'll have to custom make my html5 to make it work like i want. Or just make it fullscreen :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As I mentioned in the exe thread, expanded export settings would imo be a good idea for the future. Making it easier for the user to customize the exported page, including preventing selecting element as well as cosmetic stuff.

• As I mentioned in the exe thread, expanded export settings would imo be a good idea for the future. Making it easier for the user to customize the exported page, including preventing selecting element as well as cosmetic stuff.

Why stop at the exporter? As it stands C2 is aimed at just the canvas element, but there's no reason that certain objects can't be applied outside the canvas at some future date.

If that ability were added, you could simplify things like that as an object/ plug.

• Thanks Kiyoshi

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)