Preview Browser is incorrect but can not change it ...

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Hi there,

In my preferences I have my preview browser set to Chrome, and yesterday everything was working absolutely fine.

I boot up Construct2 this morning and now I am getting this message

The strange thing here is that I don't have Firefox installed, and sometimes it boots up the preview in Microsoft Edge, very strange.

Has anyone else had this issue?

• Yea, just set it to default again and save your project. It will stick until the next update.

• I have been getting the same problem now and changing the browser and saving my project , closing construct 2 and starting it again has made no difference.

In my case I started using Opera as my default browser as Firefox was my default before, I set Opera as my default within Windows 10 settings and everything defaults to it apart from Construct 2. In the preferences I have set the preview to both default and Opera with no luck at all .

I have also uninstalled Firefox to see if that makes any difference and because I have done this, Construct 2 is giving me the same error as the OP has shown.

Any ideas as now I cannot preview any of my projects even if I change the preview to NW.js.

• Reinstall Firefox and your capx should open and then set it to default and set whatever browser you are using to your default browser.

After that you should be able to uninstall firefox if you don't want it but I keep both chrome and firefox on my system so I can check games in both browsers before releasing them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Reinstall Firefox and your capx should open and then set it to default and set whatever browser you are using to your default browser.

After that you should be able to uninstall firefox if you don't want it but I keep both chrome and firefox on my system so I can check games in both browsers before releasing them.

I will give this ago but when firefox was installed I changed the default browser to opera and it still opened firefox not opera.

• Not worked , re-installed Firefox then tried two methods, setting Firefox as the default browser in Windows but Opera as the preview browser in Construct 2, still opens Firefox, then I set Opera as the default browser in both Windows and Construct 2 but Firefox still opens.

Finally chose Opera as the preview browser in Construct 2 while it was the default in Windows, still opens Firefox.

Each time I made a change , I closed Construct 2 and re-opened it. Also applied a save to the project to see if that would make a difference and it has not.

Is there a registry or INI file that holds the setting ?

• My best suggestion is to uninstall opera and restart your computer and set firefox as default as that is what C2 is telling you it is trying to open in.

• My best suggestion is to uninstall opera and restart your computer and set firefox as default as that is what C2 is telling you it is trying to open in.

So I uninstall Opera and never re-install it? I use Opera as my main browser outside of Construct 2 so doing this is pointless.

The fault appears to lie with Construct 2 because everything else I use with a browser defaults to Opera.

Also I do not use Firefox any more and do not want to now so I do not want to keep it installed.

There must be a setting hidden somewhere that Construct 2 is not changing when it show to put this right.

• Right found that the project was set incorrectly to firefox so even though I was changing the main default of Construct 2 to Opera or default I did not register the project held its own setting.

Now I am really embarrassed

• It happens lol!

I would suggest always saving your capx with browser set to default. That way it will open in what ever browser you have as your default even if you change browser choices.

I only switch to a specific browser for testing and then back to default.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)