preview disclaimer , rename preview mode.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 pm

First of all, you should always be using delta time. removing it is a mistake. Of course it will vary across platforms - if it didn't, it wouldn't work at all.

I have not had any difference between node-webkit preview and export (except some minor performance and rendering differences). Perhaps you could create a capx so we could try to reproduce?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 am

[QUOTE=jojoe]Well, this topic started out as a request for a preview mode warning... now it is going to be "What JoJoe did wrong to make it export improperly" I am afraid.[/QUOTE]

Well, this seems to be the case else more people would be making similar topics.. Personally I've found node webkit to be the most accurate to the preview. Post some .capx's so we can check them out I guess.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 am

[QUOTE=MadFactory] [QUOTE=jojoe]Well, this topic started out as a request for a preview mode warning... now it is going to be "What JoJoe did wrong to make it export improperly" I am afraid.[/QUOTE]

Well, this seems to be the case else more people would be making similar topics.. Personally I've found node webkit to be the most accurate to the preview. Post some .capx's so we can check them out I guess.[/QUOTE]

It is very nice everyone is trying to help me out here. I will post my problems in the appropriate place.(again)

I have a feeling they will be ignored again though. I am not an ally of Microsoft. (I was thought! Night mission rocked my commodore 64!)

My intentions are fully on the promotion of SteamOS and Linux.

This is totally off topic thought... All I was asking for was a little warning for known bugs and limitations.

Must it really be a secret? Must the paying user really have a rude awakening like this?

Why not a warning? Why not a little insight from those who have gone before us and found treachery and sorrow?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Please make bug reports for any issues you see. We cannot correct any bugs if you don't do that.

Node-webkit is based on the Chromium engine, and in the majority of cases runs identically to how it does in Chrome. There should not be any serious differences there.

CocoonJS limitations are documented here: http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/303/how-to-export-to-cocoonjs
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:22 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] Please make bug reports for any issues you see. We cannot correct any bugs if you don't do that.

Node-webkit is based on the Chromium engine, and in the majority of cases runs identically to how it does in Chrome. There should not be any serious differences there.

CocoonJS limitations are documented here: http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/303/how-to-export-to-cocoonjs[/QUOTE]

C2 tech support
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General