Preview error

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Preview error

Hi guys when I attempt to preview my project in C2 r247 it come up with an error saying "Unable to launch browser 'Firefox' for preview. Please ensure that the latest version of this browser is installed on this computer. Alternatively, change the 'preview browser' setting in project properties to another browser."

I have checked I have the latest version of firefox and I updated C2 but it still doesen't work with any of my projects!

Expected Result

I should be able to preview my project normally with out any errors

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES) I have checked that I have the latest version of all of these, which I have and the error still comes up

Construct 2 Version ID

r247

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you press Windows+R to open the "Run" dialog, and then type in firefox and press enter, does it start Firefox?

That's effectively what C2 does. If that doesn't work then there must be something up with your Firefox installation.

• Hi Ashley yes it does work using the Windows + R shortcut but when I attempt to run my project in C2 it come up with the same error.

• Preview is the image viewer and PDF viewer of the macOS operating system; it enables users to view and print digital images and Portable Document Format (PDF) files.

• Hi Lena01 I seem to have a bug with C2 not PDF no worries tho

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)