Preview on LAN - administrator privileges

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or not.

I just got a license for Construct 2 from a Microsoft representative who came to my school. It is a student license.

I was able to set up the preview on LAN feature the night I got the license. It worked fine.

Now, I right click on the Construct 2 desktop icon and choose Run as Administrator. When I run preview it says: Unable to start HTTP server on ... You may need to restart Construct 2 with administrator privileges. Construct 2 will attempt to start the server on localhost instead.

Like I said, I did run as administrator (I've tried this many times and restarted many times as well). I'm really puzzled. I have checked my settings from the firewall and it looks the same as it did the other night when it was working. I can't make a .capx to demonstrate this. I've searched around for this issue and I'm not seeing anyone else with it. BTW I'm running on Windows 8.

If anyone has some ideas, I would really like to hear them and try them! I would really like to use Preview on LAN. It is awesome!

Thanks,
Ruth
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:08 am

Maybe redo the IP configuration in C2, personally, my IP changes sometimes.

Hope that helps
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 am

Thank you! I had a brain fart. My home computer IP bounces around because of the cable modem. I forgot I'm not at work where I have a static IP. Works great now. Thank you again!!!!!
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General