Preview shows nothing

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Im not sure whether this problem is apparent on the final item, but if I press the play icon, I am led to a browser window with a TV screen, expecting to be able to play with my experimental games, but nothing ever shows, its just a blank black screen. Do I need to do anything in particular?

Running free version of Construct 2 on Windows 7 64bit
B
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Tried pasting the preview URL on Mozilla and it works fine, does anyone know what setting is wrong with Internet Explorer?
B
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:54 pm

What is your version of IE. HTML5 is supported only in IE9.
There might be other troubles though, check this topic.

You can set in C2 on which browser you wish to preview when selecting the root of your project (in the "Projects" tab) and setting the "Preview browser" property.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks, thats useful to know, I thought I would have to change default browser. Im using the latest version of IE 9, Ill check out the topic you mentioned.
B
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 pm

I think Ill just use Mozilla as a default preview for now thanks.

I do however have another issue with Construct 2 itself, Its easier to explain with a picture:

http://i.cubeupload.com/9cfX3i.png

As you can see, when I attempt to create a new project, the text and information is distorted and collapsed. Any fixes?
B
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:20 am

The same issue was reported in "Bugs" a few posts ago.
You should uninstall/reinstall C2, it should correct everything.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks, I guess its useful for you for me to say on my part that before installing Construct 2 I had Construct 1 already installed. While installing Construct 2 It provided me with a prompt stating that Construct 2 was already installed, probably presuming the first release of the engine was the second. I expect this is how the corruption occured.

I will uninstall both, then reinstall Construct 2, thanks again!
B
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 am

After 3 reinstalls, on two different hardrives, one including my Windows installation, I am still receiving the same problem, im using r70, but still the menus are collapsed.
B
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 am

I'm not following your issue: what do you mean by "...but still the menus are collapsed"? A couple obvious questions: 1. What is your user access control settings, 2. What anti-virus are you using and 3. are you installing the program with administrative rights invoked or are you installing from an admin account? I ran into this issue when adding an effect to paint.net. Everything else worked fine, except for pyrochild's liquify effect. It turned out to be my security settings were disallowing the .dll from running. Removing the offending .dll, switching to my admin account and replacing it solved the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Look at my previous posts, the image I provided explains the problem in more detail. UAC is off and has been ever since I can remember.

I'm using avast anti virus.
B
G

Next

Return to How do I....?