Previewing large projects

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 6:34 am

@Ashely I see, I don't have many variations, but i do have a lot of characters with a large amount of unique animations.
What about other solutions, such as a check box for objects or animations that blocks it from being loaded when previewing?
I work layout by layout, so many characters and animation are not needed globally.
Or maybe another folder in the project where you can move some objects there and they will not get loaded.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 6:38 am

@Lof have you tried reducing some the images in animations by replacing the ones you can with Spriter objects
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 6:46 am

@volkiller730 I use Spriter for more basic 2D animations, but most of the animations in my game are pre-rendered 3D and are very complex, it's impossible getting these results with Spriter.
Anyways my problem is just with previewing, because after exporting I am down to 500 files which is reasonable and I don't have performance issues.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 9:12 am

My solution: USE FIREFOX!!! Oh and also make sure you got a fast CPU for crunching images for previewing. It can become a huge bottleneck in the long run otherwise.
B
S

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 9:29 am

2 things.
Have C2 running on a solid state drive, and more ram. 16gig in total should be fine.
As for CPU (and muliple cores) don't think it make a difference with c2 preview per say, I think it only uses 1 core anyways (i speak under correction) but since I installed a solid state drive I've noticed a 10X performance boost, and that is with all my programs.

sidenote:
I hope this goes all the way. I'll be first inline to buy it ;)
This was my favorite game of all time growing up. Still have a copy or two floating around.
AND
YOU Guys have seriously outdone yourselves. It looks fabulous. and yes signed the petition.
Need testers? Need a coffee. Shout ;)
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 10:03 am

I am running an I5 quad 3.4G with 16GB of ram, my system and construct are running from a ssd but I didn't try moving my project to this drive, I will test it.

Cool firefox runs the project, but the images are all messy, bluish and transparent, might be some of the webgl effects i am using, on the other hand it previews much faster than all other browsers.

@DUTOIT Thanks man, it was mine too, sort of, I can't honestly say I liked one Lucas Art adventure game more than the other, I liked all of them for slightly different reasons, from Loom to The Dig, they are all great.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General