Pro tip: Open C3 in app mode.

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Bleenx wrote:I think adding it to desktop through the More Tools menu is much easier and looks like an app when you launch it. Good job typing all that though! :D

Haha. Lot easier.... I don't really use chrome normally so I had no idea about that feature.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 pm

I can't get this to work on the Mac...the whole "more tools" menu doesn't have the add to desktop functionality like on the PC. Any other way to get this to run on the Mac without the all the bars and stuff?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:25 pm

@tunepunk - Can you also add that the same rule applies to android phones...? It looks cool on phone too and no need for typing the address everytime though there's still the status bar but you can still set it to fullscreen mode.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Thank you :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:40 pm

chadorireborn wrote:@tunepunk - Can you also add that the same rule applies to android phones...? It looks cool on phone too and no need for typing the address everytime though there's still the status bar but you can still set it to fullscreen mode.

I'm not sure it can be done on phones. I know you can save a icon in your launcher, but if you want to remove the address bar maybe this link will help out, but it seems it's something @Ashley have to configure in the meta tags of the mobile version. Not sure.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21018750/add-to-homescreen-button-in-android-does-not-show-website-as-a-web-app

<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
The name attribute MUST be "mobile-web-app-capable" and the content attribute must be "yes" (case in-sensitive). If there is any other value in the content attribute the web app will be added as a regular bookmark.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Cryptwalker wrote:I can't get this to work on the Mac...the whole "more tools" menu doesn't have the add to desktop functionality like on the PC. Any other way to get this to run on the Mac without the all the bars and stuff?

I will try it out at work tomorrow, using mac there.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 pm

'Add to homescreen' should already work on Android. The meta tags have been superseded by the Web App Manifest which C3 uses.

I didn't realise Chrome didn't have an 'Add to desktop' option on Mac - I filed a bug for it here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=706439
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Ashley wrote:'Add to homescreen' should already work on Android. The meta tags have been superseded by the Web App Manifest which C3 uses.

Beware of adding to home screen in Android. It doesn't go full screen automatically for me in Android Marshmallow, so pressing back accidentally will not give a prompt and will make you lose your work. It will also say Preparing forever, making you have to close it and restart the engine again.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:20 pm

tunepunk wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:@tunepunk - Can you also add that the same rule applies to android phones...? It looks cool on phone too and no need for typing the address everytime though there's still the status bar but you can still set it to fullscreen mode.

I'm not sure it can be done on phones. I know you can save a icon in your launcher, but if you want to remove the address bar maybe this link will help out, but it seems it's something @Ashley have to configure in the meta tags of the mobile version. Not sure.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21018750/add-to-homescreen-button-in-android-does-not-show-website-as-a-web-app

<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
The name attribute MUST be "mobile-web-app-capable" and the content attribute must be "yes" (case in-sensitive). If there is any other value in the content attribute the web app will be added as a regular bookmark.

It works, I have tested it beforehand. Though as he said it closes automatically when back is pressed.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am

Finally figured out how to make an launch script for mac, that opens C3 in fullscreen "app mode".

Open Script editor.
Paste this.
Code: Select all
do shell script "/Applications/Google\\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\\ Chrome --app=http://editor.construct.net & killall applet"

Save as application to dektop or where you want.

Now you can use this icon to run C3 directly, in app mode.

I havn't figured out how to change the icon though, will update if I figure it out.

Adding to OP.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion