Hi there, everybody.
Yesterday a kind friend of mine helped test my game (I'll put it on the Scirra Arcade as soon as it's ready, see attached screenshot!) and I noticed a small thing (maybe a bug?) about the Construct 2/CocoonJS font compatibility, which is:
* The font name you use in the 'Event Sheet' of any layout of your game/application must be written in small caps only
- somehow the Android version of CocoonJS will sort out Caps in the font filename, but not the iOS version, and the result will be the iPhone/iPad defaulting to the Arial-like system font.
As further help, the steps needed to use any font you wish on Android/iPhone apps through CocoonJS are:
1) Put the font file (for example "Font Name.ttf") in the Files folder of your project (you can do it directly from Construct 2 'Projects' Tab)
2) In the Event Sheets of your project use the function 'Sent Font Face to...' on any of your Text objects, and set the font name to the 'font name' you adopted. No need to put the '.ttf' in there, but it has to be written in small caps, or it won't work on iPhones.
3) Compile on Construct 2, and test on CocoonJS Launcher
4) Be merry! ^_^