Problem when trying to create combos.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I followed the Fighter Tutorial and managed to make my character walk, jump and fall. But when I punch he never actually finishes it, he gets stuck in the punch1 animation(it repeats frames 1~3 but it actually has 4 frames) If I press the attack key really fast I can see the other animations aswell(glitchy) but then it returns to it's bugged state in punch1.

• It will probably come down to two things. Either the animation is looped, or needs to be looped, or you are constantly setting the animation.

checks Key is down - set animation walk

Each time the run time hits the event it sets the animation again so you would only see the first frame or so.

So there are a few ideas, see how you go, if you have any trouble post your cap and I will take a look.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It actually was set to loop, oh I feel so dumb now, thanks

But there's still another problem tho, the combo consists of three punches, but I can't do the third punch, when I press attack on the second one it does the first punch again, and also, if I keep pressing the attack button my character keeps going to the direction he is facing non stop.

Gonna try fix that but I could use some tips.

EDIT: Fixed everything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)