Problem with attack process

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Message: gollosus can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
First post - new topic. :oops: Sorry, but i don't know what to do, and i'm getting frustrated.

So, when i press the attack key(D) while running "Slash" animation plays too fast and incomplete/fuzzy, and the player can't move despite "On animation finished - Stop ignoring user input".Then, when pressing the attack key again the "Slash" animation runs two(?!) times and he can move again.Obviously, the player should stop moving during the attack animation.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.drop box.com/s/5ecpm2vs441ou8g/gollosus.capx?dl=0 (connect "drop" and "box")
B

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:16 am

Instead of ignoring the user input when "slash" plays, try disabling the platform behaviour and then re-enable it when the animation finishes.

PS Dig that artstyle. Something about it just feels really fun. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:27 am

Okay I think there are 2 problems. First, check your slash animation. There seems to be a mix-up with the frames. I think the first 3 frames in that animation should be deleted. That's why the animation seems fuzzy.

Second problem: When you are running and you press D, event number 11 fires (which is correct) and the platform stops because of user input ignored. So far so good. But because the platforms stops, event number 5 is also fired. Event number 5 says "play idle animation". Event number 11 says "play slash animation". Two animations at the same time, thats why it doesn't animate properly.

Solution: Add the following condition to event number 5:

So now event number 5 only fires when animation slash is not playing.

I've made those two changes and now it works properly.

Edit: Add the condition not only to event 5, but also to events number 6,7 and 8.
Last edited by strangeDays on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:33 am

okay @strangeDays tried way harder than me on that.. Go with his answer.. I rescind mine. :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 pm

@strangeDays
Thank you very much for helping me out! I feel embarrassing how simple it looks now.

@spacedoubt
Glad that you like it. :D I've been learning pixel art for the last few months.

Cheers!
B

Return to Beginner's Questions