Problem with collision detection

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Detects any kind of ad blocker. Very easy implementation into already existing projects
  • Hello,

I'm currently going crazy over something. I have problems with collision detecting.

I tried using different images, even simple blocks for the enemy, but the player torpedo's just won't hit the enemies no matter what. U96 (enemy) is creating the problem.

U99 works just fine. Could it be a bug? Or can Construct 2 not handle two objects colliding with the same object? Torpedo3 is the object colliding with U99, U992, U96, and U962. The latter two just won't be destroyed upon collision (which doesn't seem to happen).

What things are there to check to see what's the problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok so obviously you always find it right after you post a new topic.

Turns out the polygons for the enemy graphics were all messed up. I never knew about collision polygons.

• https://www.scirra.com/manual/149/function

I think you need to read this. Let me know what you think.

• Hey thanks, is this about improving events?

The examples seem to be missing on that article though, they just say 'Function example 1' etc.

• Ok so obviously you always find it right after you post a new topic.

Turns out the polygons for the enemy graphics were all messed up. I never knew about collision polygons.

just go to each character you have and select guess polygon shape will automatically create the polygons for the image if they are in png format and have transparent background.

i wold suggest you to do 1 call function call for the destroyng the enemys and adding score, just add create a function any name u like, add the events there, keep ur enemys destroy part but the one that says add to and play sound move it in the events for function then when de enemy is destroyd just call the function this way it saves u for rewriting all those 6 /10 lines of action stuff u have there

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)