Problem with collision + zoom?!

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:05 pm

The problem is that the pushout won't work here, since Construct doesn't seem to recognize that the player sprite is overlaping. But it's displayed that way. So pushout has no effect, it's still (visually)overlaping 1px.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 pm

[quote="PixelRebirth":2qbhxmw4]The problem is that the pushout won't work here, since Construct doesn't seem to recognize that the player sprite is overlaping. But it's displayed that way. So pushout has no effect, it's still (visually)overlaping 1px.[/quote:2qbhxmw4]

If you're really concerned about that one little pixel overlap, I recommend Doppel's suggestion. Change it to a sprite and actually play it a little bit. See if you even notice when you're playing as opposed to staring at it completely still and wishing it weren't there.

When you make a final game, I assume you'll have real platform graphics overlaid on top of your collision masks, so just keep that in mind when building levels. One pixel of visual overlap is a bug... but it's not a game-breaking bug. You should still able to move forward with your project. I'm sure by the time it's ready to go either Ashley will have fixed the bug or you will have come up with a creative solution to bypass it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:30 pm

The basics of my engine and some graphics, including the player sprite, were already done when I noticed the bug by accident.

Of course it's much more obvious when you look at the little example I cooked up for this thread.

You're right, it's not a gamebreaking bug or anything... would be very cool though if this was fixed in future versions.

And thx to everybody contributing to this :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:01 pm

If you made a collision mask for the platform that is 1 pixel bigger than the platform the player sees, wouldn't the sprite look like it's on the platform even though it is really inside of it? Since Construct doesn't seem to notice the problem, I don't think it would stop the player from being able to move. That would save the processing time of running a push out loop in the background I think :?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:02 am

Oh yeah i made another reasearch and made this [url:1nsqu1hx]http://www.mediafire.com/?enak2tdx0lo[/url:1nsqu1hx] well it works from 44~oo fps.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 am

Great Doppel, this appears to work!

But when I open your example it's set to fixed framerate of 44. With that setting it doesn't work for me. Needs to be changed to v-synced or unlimited frames and it does the job like a charm :P

Thx man!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:44 pm

[quote="PixelRebirth":2jhvx7uj]Great Doppel, this appears to work!

But when I open your example it's set to fixed framerate of 44. With that setting it doesn't work for me. Needs to be changed to v-synced or unlimited frames and it does the job like a charm :P

Thx man![/quote:2jhvx7uj]
Hmmm i guess it depends on machine then and/or refresh rate my is 75Hz... well if with v-sync works then its still useable :P, everyone should run it at v-sync and say if it twitches.

Ps. For me in v-sync is not twitching.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic