Problem with enemies All dying

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Volume Easy

Add a tag so EX:

Set sound to "Blah" Tag "Blah"
Set Volume -15 Tag "Blah"

the set volume I found HAS to be underneath with a tag.

for the proxy

Create a box or circle, Set it to every tick set position either to your player object, or just the X of your player. Erndog2k2012-03-28 21:49:42
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Alright. Any idea on how to fix the performance issue on the second level?
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 pm

[QUOTE=Gallis] Alright. Any idea on how to fix the performance issue on the second level? [/QUOTE]

I didn't see it for the time I was there in that lvl it seemed smooth to me but my PC is a BEAST.

P.S

wen ever I died in the second level it put me back into the first it's a bit annoying to the player lol just a heads up.

also I didn't know if I was getting hurt either u need some sorta health/damage taken indicator. Simple quick solution is to add Flash behavior to player. Then trigger it everytime player gets hit, mybe also add a quick text pop up for damage left.

Every tick > Set Text > "Damage: " & Damage"

the 1st Damage just the text to be displayed before number below
2nd is your global variable handling your health number

-Edit-

you could have in the enemy bullet collision event, the text pop up, by adding EX:

Bullet on collision with > Player
                         > Spawn object on > bullet > text
                         > set Visible > Text (Set Fade behavior)
                         > -1 from "Damage"
                         > etc....

as long as you have a group handling the,

Every tick > Set Text > "Damage: " & Damage"

the text will be updated every time player receives damage.

Erndog2k2012-03-28 22:13:53
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh that was another problem. I cant seem to get the text to pop up in the first two levels it only works on the Last level. I will add in a flash sequence.
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:50 pm

[QUOTE=Gallis] Oh that was another problem. I cant seem to get the text to pop up in the first two levels it only works on the Last level. I will add in a flash sequence.[/QUOTE]

I fixed the text for LEVEL 1 just do what I did for the rest.

link coming

Your CapxErndog2k2012-03-28 22:53:29
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks.   well tested my game out on a MAC in the lab after uploading it to drop box and my second level doesnt lag. It seems that the problem was that I was using wireless. Thanks for the all the help.
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:45 am

NP
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:37 am

see alot of posts... i just want to say if you bought construct2 ( you will have a families folder) so you can put all your enemies there and just change variables and you done, you can many kind of monsters very simple with 1 variable only. good luck ^^
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:45 pm

[QUOTE=zsangerous] see alot of posts... i just want to say if you bought construct2 ( you will have a families folder) so you can put all your enemies there and just change variables and you done, you can many kind of monsters very simple with 1 variable only. good luck ^^[/QUOTE]

@zsangerous

Families eh... sounds very useful I'm yet to understand that function will look into it today I guess.

Can you better explain how that works or point us in direction of good tutorial/guide. I have a purchased copy of Construct2 just I created this account bit afterwards.

B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:06 pm

hmmm in the right side of construct2 there is a folder called "families" you can create a sub-folder and put all these enemies sprites there.(i don't know how because i don't have it)

and make a global variable that compared with the enemy health variable.(another event)

after that just in even make a condition if bullet or something...collision with the enemy it subtract from enemy health.

so just change the variables of the enemies and done...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?