problem with game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Message: DeathViperCtns can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Im having 2 problems out of the blue

htt :D p://ge :D .tt/9OB :D Mdoj2

remove smilies

when I right click target sprite is spawned with a weird offset, looks visually wrong

when the camera moves the background starts giggling and messing itself up, whats wrong with this?

too bad that I couldnt finish the game before ludum dare 38 finished :c
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:54 am

I haven't checked your example yet, but usually when something is spawned or rotated and it's at a "weird offset" it usually means your sprite origin point isn't in the centre of the sprite itself. I would suggest to check that first. I can check your example a little later if that isn't the problem :)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:49 am

it aint, I already checked, Im not so new to c2, and the background is still a problem, it wiggles and giggles, and it isnt moving or rotating, its changing its shape
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 am

Problem 1 - Your target is on Layer 0, your background layer, which has parallax. Turn off parallax or move target to another layer to fix.

Problem 2 - Point sampling with fullscreen scaling (downscaling in this case). Some pixel stars are too small to be displayed, but when you move certain pixels will be displayed and others won't be, which causes the jumpy stars. Change to linear sampling, or use a better background image.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm

bleh
Last edited by DeathViperCtns on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 pm

the problem wasnt the parallax, just the layer, dunno why it happened but changing it from background layer to MC layer and sending to bottom fixed it, it also fixed the pixel stars, It is a ludum dare (was) so I cant give full quality on everything from scratch, anyways, thanks a lot, those were the problems
B
S

Return to How do I....?