Problem with google play services

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:10 am

In Intel XDK, under the develop tap, to the right you will see intelxdk.config.additions.xml. click it once and the XML text appears in the middle. Then you paste the code
<!-- caution: copy this to intelxdk.config.additions.xml and replace YOUR_GOOGLE_PLAY_GAME_APP_ID -->
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="game" intelxdk:value="https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game" intelxdk:id="com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game">
<intelxdk:param intelxdk:name="APP_ID" intelxdk:value="YOUR_GOOGLE_PLAY_GAME_APP_ID" />
</intelxdk:plugin>'

change the YOUR_GOOGLE_PLAY_GAME_APP_ID to your app ID, and then click File/Save.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:04 am

xpentor wrote:Hi @Slice

I am not too sure on the following step written in the guide by AndreasR's:

*(5) – Copy the ID next to the game name (here Zombie Resurrection) and insert it in the xml file at YOUR_GOOGLE_PLAY_GAME_APP_ID’ and save it*

Where is the xml file in this case?

Thanks!

In Root folder of your game
File : intelxdk.config.additions.xml

<!-- uncomment the following line to enable building a remote CDT debuggable app for Android 4.4 devices -->
<!-- <preference name="debuggable" value="true" /> -->
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="game" intelxdk:value="https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game" intelxdk:id="com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game">
<intelxdk:param intelxdk:name="APP_ID" intelxdk:value="Change this with your game id" />
</intelxdk:plugin>
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:47 am

@Slice

Thank you, it works now :)
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:45 pm

xpentor wrote:@Slice

Thank you, it works now :)

:)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:44 am

@Slice
I am stuck after logging in, Do you know why everytime after login to Google Play Services, Google prompted a message box that says "*UNKNOWN ERROR" ? it seems like a failed login, I can't access leaderboard from the game. Thanks for your help.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:47 am

I am stuck after logging in, Do you know why everytime after login to Google Play Services, Google prompted a message box that says "*UNKNOWN ERROR" ? it seems like a failed login, I can't access leaderboard from the game. Thanks for your help.

something must have been wrong, look and do all the process again. check game id from google play services again
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:23 am

@Slice

Done, apparently re-linking the game in Google Game Services fixed the issue! thank you!
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 am

Done, apparently re-linking the game in Google Game Services fixed the issue! thank you!

:)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 pm

@Xpentor I am getting the same "*UNKNOWN ERROR." What did you put in for the Launch URL to link your app? I think this might be my issue as well. I have https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... YAPP&hl=en Do you have something different here? THANKS!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:50 am

@Drewford

When you link your game with Google game services make sure you select Android instead of Web. You will not be asked for Launch URL :)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?